Better contract, Mark Scheifele or Alexander Barkov?

Better contract

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Gotta echo others, in that i'd take those extra years of Scheifele.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Scheifele probably has the best contract in the league.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Barkov still has a fair bit to prove before this is true.

I think it can go either way on them, but I don't see why Barkov has to prove himself. He's been an elite player for longer than Scheifele

Maybe because Barkov isn't better. Poll results heavily favour Scheifele as a result.

As most posts point out, they heavily favour him due to the length of the deal.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I think it can go either way on them, but I don't see why Barkov has to prove himself. He's been an elite player for longer than Scheifele

As most posts point out, they heavily favour him due to the length of the deal.

Its not like every voter has posted in this thread. I'm pretty sure Scheifele is getting more votes because he's the better player with the better contract.

Anyone who wants to argue against this can call me when Barkov has a 14 goal in 17 game playoff performance.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Its not like every voter has posted in this thread. I'm pretty sure Scheifele is getting more votes because he's the better player with the better contract.

Anyone who wants to argue against this can call me when Barkov has a 14 goal in 17 game playoff performance.

I think if it was a question of better player it would be fairly evenly split. The playoffs were a big point in his favour but still just a 17 game sample.

goblin3

Mar 23, 2014
Barkov. Similiar offensive production, but imo the Selke level defensive play makes up for the extra years.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I prefer Barkov as a player but those 2 extra years on the cheap get Scheifele my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad