Jan 27, 2016
Kesler:

Regular season: GP: 941 / G: 253 / A: 312 / P: 565
Playoffs: GP: 101 / G: 24 / A: 41 / P: 65
Won a Selke in 2010-2011.

Pavelski:

Regular season: GP: 891 / G: 317 / A: 380 / P: 697
Playoffs: GP: 121 / G: 44 / A: 47 / P: 91

Both have a 41 goal season under their belt. Both have the same Olympic hardware. Both are/were heralded for their two-way play.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Both have a 41 goal season under their belt. Both have the same Olympic hardware. Both are/were heralded for their two-way play.

Not really fair to put them in the same category for defensive play. Kesler was arguably the best defensive forward in the game at his peak, while Pavelski has simply been a solid two-way player.

Reactions: Spazkat

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
.60 vs. .78 points per game is not close enough to give the edge to defensive play. This is easily Pavelski.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
It's Kesler for peak, but Pavelski has been more consistant on offense. I went with Kesler because of peak, and the fact that he's won the Selke and been nominated for it at least one other time from what I recall. Yes, Pavelski has the better PPG ratio, but he's seen more time as a 1st line player and on the top PP unit, where Kesler has always been a 2nd line center behind Sedin and Getzlaf, and often hasn't been on the top PP unit. With my avatar I'm sure I come off as a homer, but I've never even liked Kesler. Ignoring teams, I even like Pavelski better.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
It's Kesler for peak, but Pavelski has been more consistant on offense. I went with Kesler because of peak, and the fact that he's won the Selke and been nominated for it at least one other time from what I recall. Yes, Pavelski has the better PPG ratio, but he's seen more time as a 1st line player and on the top PP unit, where Kesler has always been a 2nd line center behind Sedin and Getzlaf, and often hasn't been on the top PP unit. With my avatar I'm sure I come off as a homer, but I've never even liked Kesler. Ignoring teams, I even like Pavelski better.

I agree with everything you said.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pavelski no question. He peaked just as high, and maintained it longer.
Not really fair to put them in the same category for defensive play. Kesler was arguably the best defensive forward in the game at his peak, while Pavelski has simply been a solid two-way player.

It really is fair. Pavelski was a Selke calibre forward in his prime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad