TV: Better Call Saul - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Jesse wouldn't even qualify to be a beat cop but a federal agent. Do you know what path you have to follow to be a DEA agent?

Attorney? Let's assume his criminal record didn't exclude him from obtaining his law license, did Jesse seem like the type of guy to go to law school? The only thing he seemed passionate about was music, workshop and kids. Not to mention his current mental state.
Could be interesting to have a series based around Jesse going the Bubbles route.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You know what I really liked about Howard? His whole role in the bar hearing. He is not in any way out to "get" Jimmy, but he saw what he saw, so he has this obligation, for Chuck and for the law, to go in and testify as to what he saw, and let the chips fall where they may. When Kim asked the question about nepotism, you can almost see him saying "ha! nice one."

At first the series makes you think its Howard who doesn't want Jimmy working at HHM but it was nice to see that it was really Chuck who was against it. Howard just has his hands tied given Chuck is his partner.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
100%. At best he could be an informant or consultant, but he's not becoming an agent. I've been a character reference for my friend in a similar government agency and they don't mess around with the background checks. Someone with Jesse's past would have zero chance of getting a job at the DEA.

Didn't Leo's character in Catch Me If You Can go on to work for the FBI in their fraud division?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Didn't Leo's character in Catch Me If You Can go on to work for the FBI in their fraud division?

From Wikipedia about the real Frank Abagnale...

In 1974, after he had served less than five years of his 12-year sentence at Federal Correctional Institution in Petersburg, Virginia, the United States federal government released him on the condition that he help the federal authorities, without pay, to investigate crimes committed by fraud and scam artists, and sign in once a week.[

He later founded Abagnale & Associates, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma,[22] which advises companies on fraud issues. Abagnale also continues to advise the FBI, with whom he has associated for over 40 years, by teaching at the FBI Academy and lecturing for FBI field offices throughout the country. According to his website, more than 14,000 institutions have adopted Abagnale's fraud prevention programs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale

That was court ordered and then later he tought for them. So instead of doing more time he helped the FBI, but he never became an agent, which was my point.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
From Wikipedia about the real Frank Abagnale...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale

That was court ordered and then later he tought for them. So instead of doing more time he helped the FBI, but he never became an agent, which was my point.

I wasn't arguing that he became an agent, just pointing out that there was a role for him at the Bureau following his incarceration - though I didn't know it was court ordered

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I wasn't arguing that he became an agent, just pointing out that there was a role for him at the Bureau following his incarceration - though I didn't know it was court ordered

Frank was quite gifted at forgery and bank crimes. The only thing Jesse could do is rat on associates. I don't think the Feds are looking for someone to cook them blue.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I know a few weeks back there was a huge debate about what year it is:

UKxzJQI.jpg

Tonight's episode was March 2003, episode 1 of season 1 was May 2002.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Ordered a new phone last week and was reminiscing over my old phones (couldn't help but try to figure out which model the Mesa Verde folks had at the lunch meeting). I had this beauty in 2003:

$_86.JPG

....anyways back to the show. I suppose the community service scene will be a precursor to low level drug dealers getting to know Saul the "criminal" lawyer.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Cell phones I've owned:

Nokia 3310
Motorola RAZR
Motorola KRZR
Motorola RAZR2
I had an LG after that, forgot which model.
Then I finally got on board the iPhone starting with the 3GS and I've stuck with Apple since then.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The look on Chuck's face when he said all this may be in his head.....amazing acting. He always has an arrogant look, better than you. And he looked defeated and ashamed.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
The look on Chuck's face when he said all this may be in his head.....amazing acting. He always has an arrogant look, better than you. And he looked defeated and ashamed.
Agreed. God Michael McKean is good. He'll never stop being David St. Hubbins and Milo from Airheads to me though! :popcorn:

So...as previously established, we know that Jimmy has 12 months where he can't actually be an attorney, and that he ultimately will not be disbarred from practice only to surreptitiously pop up as Saul. I think now we're starting to get a little insight as to how the show will handle the transformation. To me it seems that these next 12 months will alter him in such a way that causes him to go all in as Saul. We always had remnants of Slipping Jimmy, but but we're starting to see him crack and cross new boundaries. Sprinkle in the Mike/Nacho/Gus storylines and how the fallout will affect Howard, Chuck, and Kim, and I'm intrigued. The wait until next season will be a tough one.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
My guess is that this season takes place in 2003. The hummer that Pryce drives in season 2 is the key piece of evidence for me since they started making H2 hummers in 2002. I think that blackberry is some sort of easter egg or something like that. Maybe the whole concept of the show has a timeline of 2002-2009? :dunno:

I know a few weeks back there was a huge debate about what year it is:

UKxzJQI.jpg

Tonight's episode was March 2003, episode 1 of season 1 was May 2002.

Yay, i was right :)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Enjoyed the tension in the scene where Nacho is swapping the pills, but I couldn't help but think that throwing/dropping the pills back into Hector's jacket would create some noticeable noise.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
The tension was killing me in the pill switching scene!

So I wonder if Chuck's malpractice insurance will either go through the roof to the point where it's prohibitively expensive, or if no insurer will even cover him. And if no insurer will cover you, who will take you as a client? Has Jimmy ruined Chuck??

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He switched the pills back like Mike told him to (I think)

Mike told him to switch them back after they take him out. He was just switching the medication out for ibuprofen, which increases the risk of stroke.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
The tension was killing me in the pill switching scene!

So I wonder if Chuck's malpractice insurance will either go through the roof to the point where it's prohibitively expensive, or if no insurer will even cover him. And if no insurer will cover you, who will take you as a client? Has Jimmy ruined Chuck??
Some states don't even require lawyers carry malpractice insurance, but it might be a pretext for the firm to fire him with cause and/or buy him out for a super low amount.

There's clearly something to the malpractice situation, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Mike told him to switch them back after they take him out. He was just switching the medication out for ibuprofen, which increases the risk of stroke.

Really? I must've misunderstood then! Thanks

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Really? I must've misunderstood then! Thanks

Yea. Mike advised Nacho to make sure he switches them back because someone might investigate the pills if something happens to Hector. Last night he was giving him the fake pills, and he'll have to switch them back after Hector has a stroke or whatever.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Who was buried in the desert? I can't remember.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Who was buried in the desert? I can't remember.

The good samaritan that found the truck and driver that Mike robbed. Hector killed him and they buried him out there. Mike has felt terrible about it ever since and the conversation last episode with that woman who had no idea where her husband went made him feel even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad