Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Nashville Predators

Which franchise has the better all-time roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
In these polls, I'm including only players who spent at least two seasons with a franchise on their all-time rosters.

For relocated franchises, I am including worthy players who played for the franchises prior to relocation(s).

Consider how good a player was when he played for the franchise whose roster he's included on. For example: If Fedorov is part of Team Columbus, don't think of him as the 1994 version of the player.

Florida Panthers:

Jonathan Huberdeau - Aleksander Barkov - Pavel Bure
Ray Whitney - Olli Jokinen - Nathan Horton
David Booth - Rob Niedermayer - Scott Mellanby
Viktor Kozlov - Vincent Trocheck - Jaromir Jagr

Jay Bouwmeester - Aaron Ekblad
Brian Campbell - Robert Svehla
Bryan McCabe - MacKenzie Weeger

Roberto Luongo
John Vanbiesbrouck

Nashville Predators:

Paul Kariya - Jason Arnott - Alexander Radulov
Filip Forsberg - Ryan Johansen - J-P Dumont
Viktor Arvidsson - Mike Fisher - Patric Hornqvist
Steve Sullivan - David Legwand - Martin Erat

Roman Josi - PK Subban
Kimmo Timonen - Shea Weber
Ryan Suter - Ryan Ellis

Pekka Rinne
Tomas Vokoun

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
tough, Florida has the better forwards and goalies. Nashville has the better Dmen

Ill go with Florida... Barkov, Hubdreau, Bure better than any NSH forward (Kariya not far)
Lu + Beezer are 2 HOF goalies right there.

NSH does really make it close with: Weber, Josi, Suter, TImonen, Subban, Hamhuis/Ellis

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
tough, Florida has the better forwards and goalies. Nashville has the better Dmen

Ill go with Florida... Barkov, Hubdreau, Bure better than any NSH forward (Kariya not far)
Lu + Beezer are 2 HOF goalies right there.

NSH does really make it close with: Weber, Josi, Suter, TImonen, Subban, Hamhuis/Ellis

I think goalies are closer than you'd think. Obviously Lu is the best of the bunch, but Vanbiesbrouck only had 5 more wins and a worse GA and SV% than Rinne in 200 more games, although Beezer played in a more high scoring era.

Aside from one period of relief in which he gave up 4 goals, Vokoun never went above 2.95(and aside from his rookie season never went above 2.78) or below .903%, something neither Rinne or Beezer did.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
This is Florida for the reasons stated. Florida’s first line with bure would torch any goalie or defence, period. Bure was putting up60 goals a year with 45 point kozlov as his center……the Nashville D is amazing but I’ve seen bure on highlight videos torch even lidstrom. The phrase speed kills applies here

Last edited:
Reactions: alexgreeen

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Predators centres are so bad I can’t look past it

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think the biggest advantage is the top line for Florida. All three players are better than any of Nashville's forwards, and while Nashville has the better defense, I don't think the gap is very large with the way Weegar and Ekblad have played the past two years.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
For a team with a relatively short history to draw from, Nashville's defence is shockingly good. It's right up there with teams that have been around for half a century longer. But that Center depth is also shockingly bad. Really the story of the Predator's franchise in a nutshell i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad