Better All-Time Roster: Columbus Blue Jackets Or Minnesota Wild?

Which franchise has the better all-time roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
In these polls, I'm including only players who spent at least two seasons with a franchise on their all-time rosters.

For relocated franchises, I am including worthy players who played for the franchises prior to relocation(s).

Consider how good a player was when he played for the franchise whose roster he's included on. For example: If Fedorov is part of Team Columbus, don't think of him as the 1994 version of the player.

Columbus Blue Jackets:

Rick Nash - Ryan Johansen - Cam Atkinson
Artemi Panarin - Sergei Fedorov - Nikolay Zherdev
Scott Hartnell - Nick Foligno - David Vyborny
Ray Whitney - Andrew Cassels - Geoff Sanderson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Jaroslav Spacek - James Wisniewski
Jack Johnson - David Savard

Sergei Bobrovsky
Steve Mason

Minnesota Wild:

Kirril Kaprizov - Mikael Granlund - Marian Gaborik
Zach Parise - Eric Staal - Martin Havlat
Andrew Brunette - Mikko Koivu - Brian Rolston
Kevin Fiala - Pavol Demitra - Mats Zuccarello

Ryan Suter - Jared Spurgeon
Jonas Brodin - Matt Dumba
Filip Kuba - Brent Burns

Dwayne Roloson
Devan Dubnyk

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
In these polls, I'm including only players who spent at least two seasons with a franchise on their all-time rosters.

For relocated franchises, I am including worthy players who played for the franchises prior to relocation(s).

Consider how good a player was when he played for the franchise whose roster he's included on. For example: If Fedorov is part of Team Columbus, don't think of him as the 1994 version of the player.

Columbus Blue Jackets:

Rick Nash - Ryan Johansen - Cam Atkinson
Artemi Panarin - Sergei Fedorov - Nikolay Zherdev
Scott Hartnell - Nick Foligno - David Vyborny
Ray Whitney - Andrew Cassels - Geoff Sanderson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Jaroslav Spacek - James Wisniewski
Jack Johnson - David Savard

Sergei Bobrovsky
Steve Mason

Minnesota Wild:

Kirril Kaprizov - Mikael Granlund - Marian Gaborik
Zach Parise - Eric Staal - Martin Havlat
Andrew Brunette - Mikko Koivu - Brian Rolston
Kevin Fiala - Pavol Demitra - Mats Zuccarello

Ryan Suter - Jared Spurgeon
Jonas Brodin - Matt Dumba
Filip Kuba - Brent Burns

Dwayne Roloson
Devan Dubnyk

Wilds roster is wierd. Granlund wasn't a good C here. All his success was on wing. There are probably a dozen players I'd take over Havlat's two dead fish seasons here. Handful over Kuba as well.

Put Ek in their over havlat, move Granlund to Havlats wing spot and probably Schultz over Kuba(MAYBE Kim Johnsson)

Reactions: Elvs

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Niklas Backstrom not being in net for Minny is not right
yeah, Bäckström is the starting goalie and Mikko Koivu number one center. I think Wild has clear edge on forwards, d-corps looks pretty even and goalies goes slightly to lumbus or I don't know. At his peak Bäckström we're one of the best. Wild wins.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
You’re right I was just being a jackass sayin feds was about cooked by that time . Relatively speaking anyway he still had a little left in the tank .
Yeah, he was a good defensive center (not the kind Nash needed) that even played defenseman for Hitch a few times. Good player, but like you said, well past his prime in CBJ.

Reactions: Krigsgaldr

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Ouch, Kuba? :laugh: That spot should definitely belong to either Kim Johnsson or Willie Mitchell.

Anyway, I think both rosters are fairly even, assuming each player is in their prime (generous, for some of these players...Fedorov). If, instead, we're looking at the players ability levels when they actually played for these teams, this becomes a Minnesota win fairly easily, in my admittedly biased opinion, though Bob could steal some games all on his own.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I want to vote Columbus because of Nash and Panarin on the left wing, and that underrated trio on the 4th line Whitney-Cassels-Sanderson.

But I think this is Minnesota. The 2nd line (if healthy) of Parise - Staal - Havlat is like a perfect combination. I'm going with them.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
You know, he's not a very famous guy, but Willie Mitchell had some pretty good years (understatement) in Minnesota. You might want to look deeper into his play and accomplishments while there. Stay-at-home defenseman, stalwart, reliable, physical enough, and a bit of a plus-minus god considering he couldn't score (showing how good he really was defensively). Great leadership qualities later on, mostly after he had left Minnesota though.

Reactions: JBurd1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad