Bets Double Debited?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I made a couple of bets today and it appears I was debited for a $17000 bet twice. Had anyone else experienced this before?

It might be my imagination, but I thought I'd ask.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I haven't had that happened to me yet - made one wager on a bet - lost the bet - then had double the amount of the wager taken from my account.

I have plenty of times, when placing my wager, click on the enter key once and for some reason it doubles my wager. If its a small enough wager, I let it be but if its a huge wager especially one I don't want to double - I'll "email" Fenway to see if he can delete it - usually he does. A few times my double bet paids off - most of the time it doesn't unfortunately - sigh.

Wish we could get rid of that "1" thats automatically listed in the box where you place your wager. There have been times were I placed a bet in a hurry and forget to delete the damn thing. Thus making my $5,000 bet becames $50,001 etc and 99% of the time, I don't want to place that huge of a wager on a bet. Then I have to send off a "email" to Fenway to see if he can delete it - usually he does. A couple of times, that mistake has paid off but most of the time, it hasn't - sigh.

Wish there was an option after we place our wager - it asks us if we want to keep the bet. We then click on yes - and the bet is officially made. Or there be a period of time after placing the bet where we could change our wager or cancel the wager altogether before the bet is locked in. (Say 30 minutes after you placed the wager - or if you placed the wager less than 30 minutes before the event begins - then you have the amount of time of when you place your wager to the time of when the event begins.) One of these options would definiately eliminate both of the problems/errors I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I haven't had that happened to me yet - made one wager on a bet - lost the bet - then had double the amount of the wager taken from my account.

I have plenty of times, when placing my wager, click on the enter key once and for some reason it doubles my wager. If its a small enough wager, I let it be but if its a huge wager especially one I don't want to double - I'll "email" Fenway to see if he can delete it - usually he does. A few times my double bet paids off - most of the time it doesn't unfortunately - sigh.

Wish we could get rid of that "1" thats automatically listed in the box where you place your wager. There have been times were I placed a bet in a hurry and forget to delete the damn thing. Thus making my $5,000 bet becames $50,001 etc and 99% of the time, I don't want to place that huge of a wager on a bet. Then I have to send off a "email" to Fenway to see if he can delete it - usually he does. A couple of times, that mistake has paid off but most of the time, it hasn't - sigh.

Wish there was an option after we place our wager - it asks us if we want to keep the bet. We then click on yes - and the bet is officially made. Or there be a period of time after placing the bet where we could change our wager or cancel the wager altogether before the bet is locked in. (Say 30 minutes after you placed the wager - or if you placed the wager less than 30 minutes before the event begins - then you have the amount of time of when you place your wager to the time of when the event begins.) One of these options would definiately eliminate both of the problems/errors I mentioned above.

You make some great points @LaxSabre. I was remembering when we had a ton of server issues recently how posts were being duplicated and if that might happen when placing bets as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad