Best Young Defenseman List #5

Best Young Defenseman (Potential) 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kingblue

Nov 16, 2018
St. Louis
Voted for McAvoy, although nothing wrong with leader Slavin either. Makar has looked very promising in playoffs so far, but sample size is not that large for him. Interesting that Stars nr. 1 defender (in ice time at least) isn't even included, he's not that old (24)?!

Solid defender.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm not sure how Slavin is about to be #5. Rielly should be running away with this. I'm also completely comfortable putting McAvoy, Werenski, Morrissey and Makar above him if you're talking about going into next season and beyond.
Slavin has 12 points in 10 games on a team that's 1 game from conference finals.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I know its early and people are going by some recent playoff bias, but Quinn Hughes is the best choice at #5. He'll be dominant, much like Makar will be, in the not so distant future.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You know when you are STARVING and you eat a PB&J and that sandwhich is the best thing you've ever had in your life? That's essentially why people voted Chabot over Slavin.
Or you dont have a clue about the sport. And dont know how to read the OP.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Yeah read the bolded back to yourself slowly

10 games doesn't put him at the top of the list
So, Reilly puts up a bunch of regular season points, playing huge PP minutes with top goal scorers, but we should discount Slavin's playoff points (I'll have to confirm, but probably all 5v5).
But, that only tells a very small part of the story, Slavin is light years ahead of Reilly as a defender, and we are talking about defenseman, correct?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lol ok.

Slavin is great and playing very well right now but if he gets voted over Rielly there is some leaf anti bias going on here and im a sens fan.

I'd take Slavin over Reilly every day of the week as he's a complete player and imo much harder to find or replace than what Reilly is. Also in terms of player visibility the difference between Car and Tor is about as big as you can get.

Thinking there is a bias against a team because you might have a different opinion than that person does would make you either a crazy person or a loser. It also happens to be the overall opinion of this poll so far so maybe you should revaluate if its maybe your opinion that's off here if you think its such a large difference.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
You know when you are STARVING and you eat a PB&J and that sandwhich is the best thing you've ever had in your life? That's essentially why people voted Chabot over Slavin.

Yup, because Sens fans definitely have no experience whatsoever in having a great and offensively talented defenseman. Chabot is definitely the first they've ever had.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Yup, because Sens fans definitely have no experience whatsoever in having a great and offensively talented defenseman. Chabot is definitely the first they've ever had.

I'm saying that players who are decent to good always get overrated on garbage teams because they look much better compared to the other options and also the fans more strongly defend them because they are more important to them. This also applies to players in Canadian markets.

Chabot is an incredible player who could even one day become possibly elite, but he is still overrated for where he is at now due to the circumstance.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd take Slavin over Reilly every day of the week as he's a complete player and imo much harder to find or replace than what Reilly is. Also in terms of player visibility the difference between Car and Tor is about as big as you can get.

Thinking there is a bias against a team because you might have a different opinion than that person does would make you either a crazy person or a loser. It also happens to be the overall opinion of this poll so far so maybe you should revaluate if its maybe your opinion that's off here if you think its such a large difference.

Well in one sentence you mention the overall opinion of the poll in regards to Rielly and Slavin but in the previous sentence you chirp the poll for picking Chabot over Slavin. You clearly have a bias. You flip flop on your argument for the convenience of your homeristic opinion.

I'm saying that players who are decent to good always get overrated on garbage teams because they look much better compared to the other options and also the fans more strongly defend them because they are more important to them. This also applies to players in Canadian markets.

Chabot is an incredible player who could even one day become possibly elite, but he is still overrated for where he is at now due to the circumstance.

He is elite already, tune into a game. Terrible argument.

When Chabot dominated the WJC and won MVP was that him playing on a bad team? Or what about when Saint John won the Q and he was playoff MVP which one was that?

Your arguments are weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad