Best/Worst Draft Quiz

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Name the one player you'd be most excited to see Detroit land with their first round pick. Then name the one that would make you the most frustrated/disappointed.

I'll go first:

Best: Hischier. There are lots of players I'd be happy to see in the Winged Wheel, but this kid looks like he'd be one heck of a spark plug to watch on offense.

Worst: Hague. Detroit's defense needs great skaters that can outlet swiftly and create odd-man rushes...Not a lumberjack that has a good two-way game, but is more a trailer than a starter.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Best Heiskanen - BPA in position most in need
Worst Tolvanen - or any winger for that matter

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Best: Hischier/Patrick - seem mostly likely to continue to play C in the NHL.
More likely best: Liljegren, Makar or Heiskanen.
Worst: Pettersson, Tolvanen, Tippett - taking a non-generational winger would be an absolute failure, in every conceivable sense.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Not counting patrick or hischier
Best: makar or heiskanen
Worst: Rasmussen

This is pretty similar to how I feel. I would be fine with a number of the guys expected to go in the top 10-12, but I don't want Rasmussen and I don't want Tippett.

I slightly prefer Heiskanen to Makar.

Last edited:

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Nobody in this draft excites me. Nobody is really intriguing either. For me, best and worst are pretty indistinguishable.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Gave the simulator a whirl for the 1st time and it lifted my spirits. In 25 runs it had the Wings picking top-3 six times, and 4 of them 1st overall. :D

My pick would be Hischier. Saw part of the Swiss game in the WJC where he single-handed took on team USA. Honestly don't know many of the prospects to give a more meaningful comment.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Best: Really going to depend on what pick we get in the lottery
Worst: Poehling and Rasmussen concern me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad