Best WJC Tournys

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
I liked the one where they had hockey players. Ah, and some of them even scored goals. That was the best! :naughty:

Seriously though, be more specific.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I can really on speak on 2004 and up as thats when I got into junior hockey and the WJHC.

As for that every tourny in Canada seems to one up the last so I expect this year to be one of my favorites or the best. This year also provides more teams capable of medaling rather than before which may make for a more well rounded tournament.

As for past tournaments 2009 has to take the cake. So many big goals and big games in the tournament. Lots of great players as well.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
2009 will always be amazing from a Canadian perspective.

-the comeback against USA on NYE lead by Tavares.
-Eberle's goal against Russia with 5 seconds left.
-Canada vs. Jakob Markstrom in the final.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
99/00 to me. got to see my first WJC live games that tournament!

was some pretty good players that year too :laugh: Sedins, Zetterberg, Heatley, Spezza, Richards, Kronwall, Havlat and some more who are pretty good today.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
1991 In Saskatoon was a turning point for this tournament. I'm old, so I can say that I was around before and after that event and old enough on both sides to remember. Before '91, this was a nothing tournament to Canadians. After...well...just look at what it has become.

Barring that, the one in Red Deer was very popular.

I personally love it when the tournament in held in smaller cities. I think there is something about small cities hosting that makes it even more exciting overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad