Best WHL goalies ?

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Cole Cheveldave
Eric Comrie
Tristan Jarry

These are the 3 big guns to watch. Every year there are 1 or 2 young guys that makes an impact. I think Jordan Cooke will be huge this year as well.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Patrik Bartosak. He wasn't voted the best CHL Goalie last year for no reason. Jarry is good too.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Bartosak was CHL goalie of the year, so he's the obvious choice. Comrie is pretty amazing, too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
1. Bartosak
2. Comrie
3. Cooke
4. Polivka
5. Laurikainen

HM to
Lotz, who seems to be figuring out his consistency issues.
Jarry, fell out of my top 5.
Driedger, has had a great WHL career.

Not a fan of
Cheveldave
Burke
Williams
Moodie

Underrated
Skapski

Last edited:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
What's your opinion on Vollrath, Edmonds, Papirny, and Myles, SEPH? Do you see any of them being drafted this year?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What's your opinion on Vollrath, Edmonds, Papirny, and Myles, SEPH? Do you see any of them being drafted this year?

I am not a fan of the goaler selection from the dub this year, actually my "favourite" goaler is Austin Lotz who went undrafted in 2013 draft. Justin Paulic probably is still the best eligible goaler in 2014 for me currently. Then you have Payton Lee as well, but I see a lot of flaws that need to be worked on before talking about any draft selection.

As for the ones you listed, Edmonds by far the best chance, he has come in to Prince George with no expectations and has been the backbone of a very surprising team. He also has NHL size being 6'2" and will probably grow between 6'2"½ to 6'3"½.

It's too early to tell about Justin Myles and Jordan Papirny, both have NHL size, but still need a couple more months before I make an opinion.

Vollrath I don't think he will be draft this year, he's playing behind a beast of a goaler in Polivka and you don't see a lot of "Jarrys" (back goalers in their draft year) being drafted, but a lot could change from now to June.

The hardest thing to do is to tell what boardline goalers, NHL scouts covenant. Last year I thought Cüpper and Louis-Philippe Guindon would have definitely been drafted or signed to entry level contracts (IMO I still think both have close to NHL talent), but both went through the draft, undrafted and just got a prospect invite to development camps (which were reassigned back to their Q clubs). And this is with Brodeur (special pick), Bergvik, Burke, and Bélanger all going above them, who I think have worse talent than Guindon/Cupper.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
1. Bartosak
2. Comrie
3. Cooke
4. Polivka
5. Laurikainen

HM to
Lotz, who seems to be figuring out his consistency issues.
Jarry, fell out of my top 5.
Driedger, has had a great WHL career.

Not a fan of
Cheveldave
Burke
Williams
Moodie

Underrated
Skapski

You're putting Polivka pretty high up there, IMO.

Vollrath has almost taken his job numerous times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad