Best way to get to Nassau from Manhattan?

Dr Acula

May 1, 2009
Hi guys, I'm visiting New York City from California this week and I got tickets for tonight's game vs the kings. I'm in manhattan right now and I'm wondering what is the best way to get to Nassau? Thanks!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Long Island Rail Road. LIRR

welcome and hope you enjoy your in New York. Hope you have a Jacket!!!

There is not a rail station that goes near the Nassau Coliseum however. I don't work in the city or take the train to often so someone might be able to speak to stops and scheduals....

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
go to Penn Station -- 34th and 7ave.. below MSG.

Get yourself to the LIRR -- jump on any train which stops at Westbury -- during rush hour, you can get one every 20 min or so. Ticket via vending machine or the at a booth below the main board. Grab a schedule so you can see what trains to catch on the way back. Or you can ask a conductor on the train out for return trip times.

Once at Westbury, just grab a cab to Nassau Coliseum. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Right down Post Ave.

If you have extra time, go into Marriott to talk hockey at the bar & grill -- or just walk across to arena.

Enjoy!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
go to Penn Station -- 34th and 7ave.. below MSG.

Get yourself to the LIRR -- jump on any train which stops at Westbury -- during rush hour, you can get one every 20 min or so. Ticket via vending machine or the at a booth below the main board. Grab a schedule so you can see what trains to catch on the way back. Or you can ask a conductor on the train out for return trip times.

Once at Westbury, just grab a cab to Nassau Coliseum. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. Right down Post Ave.

If you have extra time, go into Marriott to talk hockey at the bar & grill -- or just walk across to arena.

Enjoy!

Going back will definitely suck because that hour of the night westbound I think trains only come every hour or so, so if the timing is not good that could be a long wait.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Ask Eric Cairns. Start off with a healthy genetic makeup, with minimal neanderthal traits such as bushy eyebrows and an upright spinal casting. The use of tools and complex linguistics, such as adverbs and prepositions are a plus. Try not purchasing a Stanley Cup as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad