Best uncapped player(s) in the World

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
As always, it's impossible to have this conversation without the inevitable mention of Arteta so I'll do the honors this time round.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm only thinking current players, that's hard enough

Ander Herrera has never played for Spain's senior team. Laporte has not played for either France or Spain's senior teams.

There's probably quite a few more from Basque Country that haven't played for Spain.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
In terms of active players, Laporte is the first I think of. Was also going to say Dybala, but then realized he was capped a few weeks ago. Gabi is another one.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Clearly, Laporte doesn't get selected because Koscielny is too good and never injured... :sarcasm:
And clearly, one single coach in the world thinks he's a lesser player than Mangala or Perrin. :sarcasm:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not even the best uncapped Spanish fullback...

The competition narrows a lot if you eliminate players who are just too young to have gotten a call up.

Which ones?

Bellerin has probably been the best RB in the EPL this season - although that could be explained with Ivanovic's bizarre drop in form and Zabaleta injured.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I too am curious as to who the best uncapped Spanish fullback is (not doubting its existence, just not super familiar with La Liga). I love Hector Bellerin

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Which ones?

Bellerin has probably been the best RB in the EPL this season - although that could be explained with Ivanovic's bizarre drop in form and Zabaleta injured.

I too am curious as to who the best uncapped Spanish fullback is (not doubting its existence, just not super familiar with La Liga). I love Hector Bellerin

Wait wait wait Gaya isn't capped?

Spain has an abundance of good full backs. Alba, Azpilcueta, and Bernat have kept Gaya out. I also prefer Manquillo's talent to Bellerin's, but he's less proven.

But again, I don't think any of them are the best uncapped player.

speaking of midfielders from the ruhr area... I think Weigl and Geis could be an interesting debate. Both will be capped eventually though

Weigl is clearly a few rungs above Geis right now in his performances. I was vehemently opposed to Geis, and I don't think he'll ever be as good as Weigl is now. Of course, Schalke has some other very nice young uncapped players. That's the thing with national teams with an abundance of talent like Spain or Germany or Brazil.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would say at present someone has already been named. Laporte still has a some proving to do.

Bellerin's a better shout actually when you consider who Spain's LB is. Gaya also is a player who has a lot of proving to do. Plenty more than Laporte too.

Who did you have in mind?

I'd argue all players who have yet to be capped have some proving to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad