Best shot in Tampa's history?

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Inspired by a main board thread I wonder which player you think had the best shot in Tampas history? This would cover different shots such as wrist, slap etc

My candidates would be:
Stamkos - Both hard and accurate
Richer - Really quick release combined with hard shot
Lecavalier - Before his injuries he had a really good shot
Kucherov - Quick release and good accuracy

Then we have guys who had a really hard shot but lacked accuracy, such as Cross and M.A Bergeron

Who else could qualify? Modin? St.Louis?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Remember Stamkos' goal against Detroit where the play continued because only Stamkos knew it was in? That was unreal.

That's a pretty nice shot too. ;)

Edit: this is the one against the Wings.

Last edited by a moderator:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Marc-Andre Bergeron had one of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen. He didn't always score with it but the dude shot harder with half a windup than 90% of most players. I'm fairly certain that MAB's slapshot was somewhere just a little lower than prime Chara but still better than Shea Weber.

It's just a shame he wasn't all that good as a defenseman

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Kurtis Foster had a cannon too. What ever happened to the guy btw?

Edit: Injured, traded, EU, retired.

Other than that the obvious picks for me are Stamkos (left circle), Kucherov (right circle) and pre-injury Lecavalier (right circle).

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Other than that the obvious picks for me are Stamkos (left circle), Kucherov (right circle) and pre-injury Lecavalier (right circle).

Yeah Foster had a ridiculous shot too. I almost said him over Bergeron but couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd argue that pre-injury Lecavalier's shot was also equally effective as Stamkos

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Slapper- Stamkos, Modin, Salo, Hamrlik, Vinny
Wrist- Kucherov, Purcell, Johnson, Boyle

Accuracy and speed. MAB wasn't very accurate

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Stamkos has by far the best arsenal to come through the org.

MAB had a fun shot to watch though. Guy was brutal, but man when he cocked back his slapper... Small dude but he had a bomb of a shot.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Foster could really launch em

Best shot might be Stammer

He has like a hundred beautiful one-timers, but I do like this one from the opposite side

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I love those times where Stamkos just straight beats a goalie. There's that shot on Price after Pacioretty turned it over in the neutral zone that I'm thinking of where he did the same thing.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I love those times where Stamkos just straight beats a goalie. There's that shot on Price after Pacioretty turned it over in the neutral zone that I'm thinking of where he did the same thing.

That was pure Stamkos. But you gotta give credit to Patches, not many can make that pass. ;)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Another guy with a very powerful but painfully inaccurate shot would be Jason Garrison.

More like overrated shot. We've heard about Garrison's bomb for years I can say 3 years later I'm left disappointed.

Sami Salo though, had an absolute rocket.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
More like overrated shot. We've heard about Garrison's bomb for years I can say 3 years later I'm left disappointed.

Sami Salo though, had an absolute rocket.

Yeah I think that rep comes from the one season with the Panthers where he put up a ton of goals. His shot is fine, but nothing to write home about.

Salo broke Vinny's leg with a shot. Had quite the bomb.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
BTW the answer is Stamkos. You do not score 60 goals in the modern era unless your shot is elite. And Stamkos clearly has an elite shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad