Best seats to watch a game

MorganLight01

Mar 13, 2024
Gonna take my son up to the last game of the season against the Red Wings. Just wondering about seats and sightlines . Have a limit of 300/ ticket so was thinking the 200 level behind the net, don't really want to be in the middle of a row with 20+ people and from what I read there's 6 to a row in the 200s? Any recco's would be greatly appreciated.

I also get tickets fluctuate all the time but with the Habs being out of it, do prices (and interest) generally decrease near the end of the season or should we expect a larger crowd cause it the last game of the season?

Reactions: waitin425

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Old Montreal Forum anywhere! I miss the standing room tix at Montreal Forum... was so steep that you can stand in the middle for quarter-Frice without impeding eye-sight's behind... . Bell Centre. mid-bowl is okay. R.

Reactions: StCaufield

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Anywhere a little more elevated than the Red Double letters, and near as close to the neutral zone as possible on either side

Went last year to my closest seats ever , red DD or something and turns out I haaaaaated being that close to ice level lol

I like guys say Couch? Nope atmosphere.... City! R.
I've read this 10 times and I still cannot decypher it lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Gonna take my son up to the last game of the season against the Red Wings. Just wondering about seats and sightlines . Have a limit of 300/ ticket so was thinking the 200 level behind the net, don't really want to be in the middle of a row with 20+ people and from what I read there's 6 to a row in the 200s? Any recco's would be greatly appreciated.

I also get tickets fluctuate all the time but with the Habs being out of it, do prices (and interest) generally decrease near the end of the season or should we expect a larger crowd cause it the last game of the season?
I watch many games from the 300 level just below the face off dot in Montreal's Ozone and love it.
I can't imagine being behind the net would be better even a 200 level seat.
The thing is I'm not sure there is a completely terrible seat if you are up a bit.
It's super easy to see how plays develop or not and the Bell Center is known for it's design with that in mind.

Reactions: MorganLight01

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I just came back from last nights game vs the Bruins. I took my 16-year-old boy who loves hockey. We are from Ottawa and yes, big Sens fans. I have been a season ticket holder in Ottawa since 1998. So hockey people we can say. We sat last night in section 101. Wow, the atmosphere is incredible in your barn. The fans are very loud and boisterous. My son for his first game was overly impressed with the amount of emotion the fans have and how bloody loud it was. Especially when they scored. Just wanted to say that I am glad I took my son there as I have been telling him for years that you have to see a Habs game in Montreal....even if you're not a fan of the home team, you end up cheering for them!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I just came back from last nights game vs the Bruins. I took my 16-year-old boy who loves hockey. We are from Ottawa and yes, big Sens fans. I have been a season ticket holder in Ottawa since 1998. So hockey people we can say. We sat last night in section 101. Wow, the atmosphere is incredible in your barn. The fans are very loud and boisterous. My son for his first game was overly impressed with the amount of emotion the fans have and how bloody loud it was. Especially when they scored. Just wanted to say that I am glad I took my son there as I have been telling him for years that you have to see a Habs game in Montreal....even if you're not a fan of the home team, you end up cheering for them!
Hey, glad you could take one in, at the Bell Centre. Glad you and your son, enjoyed it....
The atmosphere is nothing now, compared to 15-20 years ago.............it is a crazy loud building to be in when the habs are playing well. That hasn't happened is many years now.

I was at a game on Superbowl Weekend, when Souray scored a goal in OT to beat the Pens, and it felt like the building and the earth shook!!

Best seats for me.................behind either goalie, watching the game out in front of you is my preference, mid way lower bowl.....

Reactions: Rapala and Lshap

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Ive sat 15 rows from the ice at centre ice and 2 rows from the rafters behind our goal.

You know what seats are better, obviously.

But, I had more fun at the game in the nosebleeds. True fans that high up. Drunk and having a good time!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Really happy you and your son had a great time! It was a really good game; more important, you gave him a lifetime father-son memory. Nicely done!

Reactions: Redux91

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The atmosphere is nothing now, compared to 15-20 years ago.............it is a crazy loud building to be in when the habs are playing well. That hasn't happened is many years now.

I was at a game on Superbowl Weekend, when Souray scored a goal in OT to beat the Pens, and it felt like the building and the earth shook!!

Best seats for me.................behind either goalie, watching the game out in front of you is my preference, mid way lower bowl.....
Outside of the Bell Centre, the next best vibe for watching hockey used to be Montreal's better-known sports bars. Station des Sports, Cage Aux Sports, etc. Food was meh, but the crowd and atmosphere were great. The Habs were a hot ticket and you needed reservations to get a table. People wore their jerseys and 90% of the customers were there to watch the game.

The Cage Aux Sports in Pointe-Claire where I took my kids is now gone. I just went to a newer one on Decarie. The atmosphere and food are much more civilized than I remember, but I doubt hockey is anywhere close to the event it was a decade ago.

Reactions: BLONG7

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Too close to the glass and you can't see shit most of the game, FYI.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Outside of the Bell Centre, the next best vibe for watching hockey used to be Montreal's better-known sports bars. Station des Sports, Cage Aux Sports, etc. Food was meh, but the crowd and atmosphere were great. The Habs were a hot ticket and you needed reservations to get a table. People wore their jerseys and 90% of the customers were there to watch the game.

The Cage Aux Sports in Pointe-Claire where I took my kids is now gone. I just went to a newer one on Decarie. The atmosphere and food are much more civilized than I remember, but I doubt hockey is anywhere close to the event it was a decade ago.
Ah man really? Thats too bad. I grew up at that Cage. I haven't been back to the West Island in almost 10 years, what replaced the Pointe Claire cage?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Ah man really? Thats too bad. I grew up at that Cage. I haven't been back to the West Island in almost 10 years, what replaced the Pointe Claire cage?
The old Cage is now a Pigeon Cafe. Went there with my kids a few months ago – the decor is very white and elegant. Of course, their memories of that location go back more than a decade, with baskets of popcorn, wings, screens everywhere, and crowds of people yelling and cheering. Different era, different team, different vibe.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah, the truth is that no one seems to care all that much about the Canadiens anymore and it's been going on for years now. Hard to blame the fans.

If there's ever been a market who's in need of another big league team, it's Montreal. 2 million people in the city alone, 4+ mill as a metro pop and only a bad NHL team to show for it. A damn shame.

An NBA team here would be incredible.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If there's ever been a market who's in need of another big league team, it's Montreal. 2 million people in the city alone, 4+ mill as a metro pop and only a bad NHL team to show for it. A damn shame.

An NBA team here would be incredible.

MLS?

FapU4yKWAAIF6Hw.jpg:large

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Other than Adam Michael's couch, I think my favourites would be first row in the whites as close to centre ice as possible. Sitting low down behind the nets is really cool when the action is in front of you, but it's hard to see what's going on at the other end of the ice.

I once won tickets that were second row right beside the Habs bench and that was a really fun experience... but again, it was hard to see what was happening when the puck was on the other side of the ice.

If you and your son have been to games before, maybe one of the above would be cool since the experience is very unique, but if it's yours or his first time, I'd probably suggest as close to the middle as possible while being at least 10 rows off the ice to be sure to see the game as best you can.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00