OT: Best seats in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laredo

Feb 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Looking to buy season tickets for 15-16, mostly for playoff ticket priority and the stadium series game next year.

I've been to plenty of games and I prefer the back 5 or rows or so of lower level. (Great view of the ice and easy access for beer) but season ticket prices here are $104 per seat (~$4,000 for half season (2- games)). That's out of my range so now I'm thinking $2k for half season upper level.

Anyway what are your opinions on seating at the xcel? In terms of pricing?

jimbowman

Mar 19, 2013
I have never had a bad seat anywhere in the building. Out of your price range but I'm a sucker for anything club level though.

cjrau

Feb 10, 2014
Ive sat as close as on the glass once, section 105 row 5 on the aisle dozens of times, then the upper level all over.
IMO, I will take upper level majority of the games. Watching the play develop is what does it for me. Sure, being close is fun (once in a while), but when the puck is at the other end, those row 5 seats suck.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Personally, I love the drink rail seats.

Yeah these are actually pretty nice, especially since I'm really tall and can have as much leg room as needed.

I have an 11 game upper level side package, but this year it's in one of the corner sections. I think the ideal spot considering the price range is directly in the middle of the upper deck. I don't know if those will be available though, as we don't pick our spots yet for next year. In terms of viewing angles, I think upper deck side is probably much better than lower corner if you don't mind being further up. FYI, I got stuck with SRO for playoffs since I didn't want to pay $95+ for the lower corner tickets and those were the next cheapest. (Why don't they make upper level end an option for us?) A half season package would give you higher priority though.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Ok I'm looking at the seating prices right now:

I'm assuming you mean you are only spending $1K on each seat.

I've never gone up top to get Season Tickets (114, 122, 106, 105 and C10) but from looking up at what was available I was never that impressed with them for an entire haul. I know a lot of folks love it up there so do your thing! I just like being close to the action (trust me hated Club outside the food choices).

TBH though, $2k is not a lot of money for tickets. I've just done the Math on everything for half season (standing rail is N/A for half season along with upper ends and lower end-double attack) and the cheapest (upper-level side $52) and (lower level ends, single attack, $77) come out to over $2K (remember taxes too!) for 2.

I prefer 1-5 rows down from the top for easier access, along with aisle seats over anywhere else. I loved 106 as you were right in front of the male bathrooms and the main concessions were to the left of you. Not to mention the seats directly across from me were about $20 more a seat! Literally just a stairwell separated us.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
(Why don't they make upper level end an option for us?) A half season package would give you higher priority though.

STH's get priority for their seats. If you're going 11-game package, you are probably buying off from a Half Season ticket holder who takes priority over the seat.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
STH's hget priority for their seats. If you're going 11-game package, you are probably buying off from a Half Season ticket holder who takes priority over the seat.

No, I bought them from the Wild, not another season ticket holder, but upper level end isn't an option for any season ticket holder as far as I'm aware. I had season tix this year as well.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I try and get the club seats. Not so high that its hard to see the action but not to low where you can only see things every 2 mins

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
No, I bought them from the Wild, not another season ticket holder, but upper level end isn't an option for any season ticket holder as far as I'm aware. I had season tix this year as well.

Thats because when you buy playoff tickets you are purchasing the exact seats you have. You can't sit in lower level and then buy tickets to upper level for the entire thing.

And you are most likely sharing those seats with a half season ticket holder and/or more package deal folks. Worst case, you got to pick your 11 games and the other 30 games were sold to the public as single-game tickets.

11-game packages are not season tickets. They are great incentives for people to go to a good portion of games, but you do not get the perks those who are there for 21 or 41 game tickets. You SHOULD be able to get priority purchasing after STH's to get tickets and that is information they have not released yet. For all you know they'll come and open the upper level section up.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Thats because when you buy playoff tickets you are purchasing the exact seats you have. You can't sit in lower level and then buy tickets to upper level for the entire thing.

And you are most likely sharing those seats with a half season ticket holder and/or more package deal folks. Worst case, you got to pick your 11 games and the other 30 games were sold to the public as single-game tickets.

11-game packages are not season tickets. They are great incentives for people to go to a good portion of games, but you do not get the perks those who are there for 21 or 41 game tickets. You SHOULD be able to get priority purchasing after STH's to get tickets and that is information they have not released yet. For all you know they'll come and open the upper level section up.

I know what you're saying, but I think you're misunderstanding me. 11-game packages ARE season tickets. I had them this year and re-upped for next year as well. I have a Wild Rewards account, a 'season ticket holder' entry card into games and everything, so I am considered a season ticket holder. It's just lower priority on pretty much everything, as it should be. So I was already given a priority purchase option to buy playoff tickets AFTER the full-season/half-season ticketholders. Thus, there wasn't much left.

However, you are not restricted to the exact seats you have, so the bolded is incorrect (unless the process if different for full and half-season ticket holders, which is possible). I was given the option to purchase lower level tickets if I wanted to, even though my tickets are upper level side. I didn't want to pay that price, though, and the upper level side were already sold out when I had the chance to purchase some, so the cheapest I could get were SRO. The only restriction was that it had to be the number of tickets in my account, so couldn't purchase a set of 10 or anything.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I know what you're saying, but I think you're misunderstanding me. 11-game packages ARE season tickets. I had them this year and re-upped for next year as well. I have a Wild Rewards account, a 'season ticket holder' entry card into games and everything, so I am considered a season ticket holder. It's just lower priority on pretty much everything, as it should be. So I was already given a priority purchase option to buy playoff tickets AFTER the full-season/half-season ticketholders. Thus, there wasn't much left.

However, you are not restricted to the exact seats you have, so the bolded is incorrect (unless the process if different for full and half-season ticket holders, which is possible). I was given the option to purchase lower level tickets if I wanted to, even though my tickets are upper level side. I didn't want to pay that price, though, and the upper level side were already sold out when I had the chance to purchase some, so the cheapest I could get were SRO. The only restriction was that it had to be the number of tickets in my account, so couldn't purchase a set of 10 or anything.

Ya we definitely are misunderstanding one another :biglaugh:

Have you called them and asked? Last year I could have sworn they put out an email the day the schedule was announced for upper level seats??

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Ya we definitely are misunderstanding one another :biglaugh:

Have you called them and asked? Last year I could have sworn they put out an email the day the schedule was announced for upper level seats??

So back to the original point, the full and half season holders pretty much got all of the upper level side tickets, but it doesn't seem like there was ever an option for anyone for upper level end. I haven't called and asked about that though. Maybe I will if we make it out of the first round.

Anyway, how are the SRO tickets? Good viewing angle? I assume you get to lean on a bar top or something?

mnwildfan79

Jun 15, 2008
So back to the original point, the full and half season holders pretty much got all of the upper level side tickets, but it doesn't seem like there was ever an option for anyone for upper level end. I haven't called and asked about that though. Maybe I will if we make it out of the first round.

Anyway, how are the SRO tickets? Good viewing angle? I assume you get to lean on a bar top or something?

The upper level end tickets have not been available at any time that I know of since the original season. For the most part it was due to the high renewal rate of 99-100% but when the few STH did not renew in the upper end's the tickets go into the ticket reps pool of tickets and not offered as season tickets anymore.

My advice to the OP is to be as open minded as possible in your first year because there may not be a lot available, but have a foot in the door mentality and try and improve each year to your ideal location.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

SRO have a great viewing angle. I enjoy standing during a game like I do for my kids games. Only problem is when the fans in front of you stand during play. Fortunately I'm over 6 feet tall but my view is still blocked somewhat. For the price they are a bargain in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad