Best saves ever

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Is and will always be kirk Mclean game 7 VS flames sliding across on reichel in 94. Given the circumstances, and this era was right before the oversized goalie equipment and on top of that kirks goalie style was old school stand up style. No amount of open net glove saves or lucky u slid back had paddle in right spot right time will ever change my mind ahha

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki

Hands down my favorite save ever. The way he was able to not only get the puck but not put his glove in the net is insane. On top of that Crosby's reaction is just beautiful.

It'll always be this for me. It just has everything:

Tied game, 1 min left in the 3rd. Pens-Flyers rivalry. Sebastian fricking Caron. Moustache Hitchcock Everyone thinking it's a goal, except Caron who's casually getting up. And then on top of that Crosby realizing that he's in the NHL now.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
2016 R2 G6 Caps Pens. Pens trying to close out the series up 3-0 In the 2nd at home. Caps storm back to force OT. And then this save happened. The Pens won it a few minutes later, but had the Caps pulled that game/series out this might have been a candidate for best save in history. And it wasn’t even a goaltender.

Last edited:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Man. Hasek always looked like that one guy who never played the game that you forced to be in net in ball hockey. Except Hasek made it work.

Yup, you can't teach that to anyone. No coach says flop around on your back, or throw your stick away so you can use your blocker.

He knew what he was doing though. It was calculated.

I was a young lad, but when he stopped my idol, Mario, on two breakaways in Game 4 of the 1992 SCF I still remember thinking "nobody does that to Mario...holy".

Last edited:

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018

Hands down my favorite save ever. The way he was able to not only get the puck but not put his glove in the net is insane. On top of that Crosby's reaction is just beautiful.

Unbelievable, I've literally never seen this save.

For my money it's Hasek's repertoire and because of the meaning, Holtby's save in the Stanley Cup Finals last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad