Best Regular Season Games of the 2017-2018 Season

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Now that we're in the doldrums of the summer, I thought it might be interesting to see what we all think the best regular season games were.

My top 5:

1. February 13, 2018: Blues at Preds, Preds win 4-3 (OT). Huge comeback win featuring 3 goals in 10 minutes, with one of them being a shorty, and Forsberg's dramatic OT penalty shot winner.

2. February 27, 2018: Preds at Jets, Preds win 6-5. This game featured two great teams trying to outskill each other all game, something that was unfortunately not that common during the Jets-Preds playoff series. Preds are down by 2 with 10 minutes left, but score three in that time. The GWG was Hartman's first goal with Nashville.

3. October 10, 2017: Flyers at Preds, Preds win 6-5. This was a real rollercoaster of a game, with the Preds scoring 3 straight, then letting the Flyers come back with 5 in a row. However, the Preds managed to come back, with the GWG coming off of a penalty caused by a failed challenge on an offsides review.

4. February 22, 2018: Sharks at Preds, Preds win 7-1. Just a dominating performance by the Preds in every aspect, and the game when Rinne got his 300th career win. I remember it being an emotional but very satisfying night.

Rinne picks up 300th career win in Preds' 7-1 rout

5. December 13, 2017: Preds at Canucks, Preds win 7-1. Another great performance by the Preds, this game featured some terrible Vancouver defense, an Arvidsson SHG, a centre-ice goal from Subban, and Forsberg's insane pass to Jarnkrok.

Predators score seven in rout of Canucks

HM:

February 1, 2018: Kings at Preds, Preds win 5-0. This game was just a dominant performance in every way by the Preds and I thought it was their best overall performance of the season.

Rinne, Forsberg lead Predators in shutout of Kings

There really were a lot of great games in February, apparently.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
great list. 6-5 win at winnipeg should probably be number 1 but it's hard to argue against 3 goal comeback with a OT penalty shot SCORESBERG winner.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
iirc there was a pretty intense game against the Ducks in November.

i remember cause I was not home then and had to watch it on my phone

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
That string of games where we kept coming back and winning despite being down late won us the Presidents Trophy but in the end I believe the overconfidence it created contributed to our downfall in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad