Best Program for Producing Talent

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
You also have to temper the London and lately Windsor situations with recruiting of players or drafting them late (Kane) and in Windsors case Hall.
Take Harrington this year who was going to go top five and then sends a letter out a few days before the draft saying he is going the US route . BANG ,he gets drafted at 18 and London will have another first round pick.

I not looking to argue this point but it does affect the question asked here.

The Gens have put a large number in the NHL and I believe they hold the record for having 10 drafted the year Savard was around but I''ll give the Petes their props because I believe nobody has put more players in the NHL then they have.

London and Kitchener definitely have some shady drafting habits. Another good example is Sam Gagner being drafted in the 4th round reneging on his intentions to go to a U.S. school and his getting a job with the Knights.

I believe your right about the Petes having produced the most NHL players all time. Prior to the introduction of the entry draft they were one of the "farm teams" for producing Montreal Canadians. They have produced some very well known coaches over the years like Scotty Bowman, Roger Neilson, Mike Keenan, Dick Todd.

Recently the biggest notables they have produced are:

Eric Stall
Jordan Stall
Zach Bogosian

Spitfire14

Nov 11, 2009
Windsor, On
Josh Bailey
Matt Cooke
Steve Downie
Tim Gleason
Cam Jannsen
Ed Jovanovski
Mike Leighton
Michael Neuvirth
Cal O'Reilly
Steve Ott
Mike Rupp
Jason Spezza
Cory Stillman
Kyle Wellwood

These are all the former Spitfires CURRENTLY playing in the NHL. Neuvirth and O'Reilly are still technically in the AHL but they have been going up and down and will eventually make the NHL.

Since Rychel and Boughner have taken over the team, the Spitfires have had a 1st rd pick every year.

2008- Josh Bailey, Greg Nemisz
2009- Ryan Ellis
2010- Taylor Hall, Cam Fowler

I know , some of this was already touched on.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
There was an article in the little local paper the other day about Kelowna's recent run of D-men. Some names:
-Weber
-Keith
-Myers
-L.Schenn
-Edler
-Gorges
-Cumiskey

Some forwards:
-Moen
-Fiddler
-Benn
-Comeau

Some prospects:
-Shane McColgan (2011)
-Tyson Barrie (Colorado '09)

You forgot about Hannan as a former Rockets blueliner. Also for forwards Troy Bodie has been playing for ANA this year as well as Quinton Laing for WAS and Brett McLean played with FLA up until this year. Also we had Chuck Kobasew, Sheldon Souray, and Joel Kwiatkowski brief periods. Also for prospects there's Brandon MacMillan(ANA 08) and Mitchell Callahan(DET 09).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad