Best PP vs Best PK?

What would you prefer for your team?

• Total voters

Love

Feb 29, 2012
People say you can win the cup with a bad PP but you can’t win the cup with a bad PK. So I guess PK? Although the difference between Tampa’s PP and Montreal’s PP might be enough to account for the differences in PK.

DowJones

Aug 30, 2008
The difference between an average and the best PP tends to be bigger than the difference between an average and the best PK, so Tampa’s PP pretty easily.

deejb

Nov 12, 2016
The difference between an average and the best PP tends to be bigger than the difference between an average and the best PK, so Tampa’s PP pretty easily.
If you are considering this playoff, then just a little.
Average PP give you 0,59 goal per game. Tampas PP - 1,25 gpg. Difference is 0,66gpg.
Average PK, -0,59 gpg, Montreals PK - 0,06. Difference is 0,65gpg.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Normally yes but the Habs current PK if the percentages remain the same would be the best ever in the playoffs ignoring the shorties.

If you include the shorties the Habs have a PK above 100% which is Bonkers.

Reactions: Villella McMeans

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
A good PP can basically win a series. A good PK can just even the play field against stars who are lethal on the PP.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Montreal's PK. But it depends on how you take the question.

Give me the power play if you're talking about adding those actual players to your roster "moving forward". all that offensive talent is way more valuable than defensive players or a strong defensive run.

But within the confines of a single playoff run - I feel as though the pk stat is more impressive/useful. Score more goals on the PK than you allow on the PP - good recipe to win games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Voted Montreal's PK. But it depends on how you take the question.

Give me the power play if you're talking about adding those actual players to your roster "moving forward". all that offensive talent is way more valuable than defensive players or a strong defensive run.

But within the confines of a single playoff run - I feel as though the pk stat is more impressive/useful. Score more goals on the PK than you allow on the PP - good recipe to win games.

Yeah pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I would take TB PP over MTL PK but the refs make it difficult to choose, they purposefully don't call infractions because they're dumb.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
I would go Tampa, because their PK is also pretty good. Maybe not as hot as Montreal's right now, but still good.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I take the strong PK. My team (the Bruins) have been so PP reliant the last few years and it means the amount of calls that happen or don't really swings your chances of winning. Bruins PP was at 50% (!!!!) against the Islanders... totally dominant, but with the refs only seeing the Islanders commit 2 penalties a game, it didn't mean shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad