Best playoff series ever?

footesh

Jul 5, 2009
Canada
The battles between the Redwings and the Avalanche during a stretch between 1996-2002 were awesome. They meet 5 times during this time in the post-season and these series were wars (together they won 5 SC´s during this stretch).

/Cheers

This. Too bad the 2008 series didn't go like those.

Stubbs88

Feb 16, 2009
Homer picks

Carolina vs Montreal 2002
Carolina vs Toronto 2002
Carolina vs Montreal 2006
Carolina vs Buffalo 2006
Carolina vs Edmonton 2006

The last one is a pretty legit choice for an exciting playoff series for everyone I think.

Not the Canes and Devils series from this year? I know if I was a Canes fan I would have had a stoke about 7 times during the playoffs this year lol

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
The battles between the Redwings and the Avalanche during a stretch between 1996-2002 were awesome. They meet 5 times during this time in the post-season and these series were wars (together they won 5 SC´s during this stretch).

/Cheers

My answer as well.

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
There was no pressure on Roy in that game. If the Avs lose, they just go back to Colorado and clinch the cup on home ice. Belfour was facing elimination for Dallas on the road and Brodeur was facing the prospect of heading to Dallas for game 6 with the potential for the Stars to force a game 7.

In that OT, Brodeur and Belfour were stopping golden chances at every turn, Belfour alone, stopped like 5 breakaways in the overtime session.

What about the game 6 pressure in NJ? :) Id say that was a good goalie battle but Roy outplayed Brodeur pretty clearly.

sidewayzLEAFS

Jul 18, 2009
ontario, canada
yeah, i lode the red wings and avs series
but maybe a series in the early 70's between either boston and montreal or boston and philly...they were also great and it helps when you have bobby orr in the series too:D

Lounge Act*

Even if you're not an Oilers or Flyers fan, I don't see how you can't say the '87 finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad