Best Players Who Went Undrafted?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I thought it might be a good idea for the Canes to take a flyer on him after they drafted Bradly. I believe they are both commited to going to Maine as well.
yep, thought we might take a look with our 7th rounder, though I have no issues with another goalie dart. I will not be in the least bit surprised if both end up on the training camp invite list here once that comes out.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I'm shocked by Petter Vesterheim the most. Played significant minutes on a good Allsvenskan team, played 11 minutes against Canada in Norway's 2nd win ever against them. Looked so solid at every level I've seen him play. Amazing defensive center at worst. Not sure what I am missing...
Yeah, it’s unfortunate to say the least, I found a lot of the late birthdays got taken later than I’d expect this year, could have been why he got looked over.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Will Vote. Has the energy and skill to be a really good 4th liner. I know his size will hold him back but it still surprised me to see him not go
Should have been drafted just because of his name, lmao.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Ondrej Molnar, probably would have been drafted had he not been an idiot.

Not too late for him tho, hopefully he puts in the work this year and shows people he can change and gets drafted as an overager next year.

Would you care to explain the idiot part?

Edit: Alright I searched and found his thread, where the floorball incident was discussed. Interesting.

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I thought it might be a good idea for the Canes to take a flyer on him after they drafted Bradly. I believe they are both commited to going to Maine as well.

I WOULD be surprised if someone took Josh. He's 5'8 (maybe) and is an overager. If only to keep Bradly happy, you can easily sign him to a ATO.

Very shocked no one took a flyer on Tommaso De Luca.

Leslie as others have said.

Bogdans Hodass was overlooked too. Given that lost COVID year NHL teams still seemed shy on overagers.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Regarding Erliden, both of his backups from U18 WJC got drafted, while he didn't despite being awarded the best goalie award at U18 WJC. He is not that small even 5'11 and he is born in September

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I had 3 guys rated as 3rd rounders that went undrafted - Griffin Erdman, James Petrovski, Joe Connor.

Saige Weinstein, Alexander Assadourian, Magomed Sharakanov, Tom Leppa, Philippe Blais-Savoie, and
Jack Martin are other names that standout. Samuel Urban, Noa Vali and Tomas Suchanek for goalies.

whynot4949

Mar 15, 2021
A pity for De Luca, his return to Switzerland was not understood....

He had an offer to play center Third line in Ambri Piotta first team National League lwith adults and to get a Swiss passport for bureaucratic reasons he could not leave before getting it....

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
A pity for De Luca, his return to Switzerland was not understood....

He had an offer to play center Third line in Ambri Piotta first team National League lwith adults and to get a Swiss passport for bureaucratic reasons he could not leave before getting it....
Did he attend the drsft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad