Best players outside of the NHL?

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Who are some of the best players outside of the NHL? Obviously its probably Kovalchuk but Id like to see some of your guys thoughts. Who do you guys think could maybe be the next Panarin?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Might as well toot the Flyers own horn. Lindblom is just 20 years old and 2nd in the SHL in points.

He has 25 points in 26 games this year
Last year in brief AHL stint, 7 points in 8 games
Last year had 25 points in 48 games in SHL

Should be on the Flyers next year.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Sergei Mozyakin has to be the best active player who has never played in the NHL and probably never will.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Might as well toot the Flyers own horn. Lindblom is just 20 years old and 2nd in the SHL in points.

He has 25 points in 26 games this year
Last year in brief AHL stint, 7 points in 8 games
Last year had 25 points in 48 games in SHL

Should be on the Flyers next year.

yeah i had him in mind too
kasperi kapanen for the leafs is ppg in the ahl at 20 years of age
andrew nielson also 20 is 8th in dman scoring in the ahl as well

as for actual best talents not in the nhl
kovy, voynov, gusev, shipachyov are some of the big ones.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I wish teams would sign guys like Zaitsev more often. He isn't a star or anything but he's competent enough to play top-four minutes and there's other dmen like him in the KHL I'm sure who at worse are #4 or 5 dmen. Instead a bunch of teams have dumpster fires on their bottom pair (or 2nd pair in the case of the Avs right now).

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Who the hell is this guy!

How is he not in the nhl?

It's Linus Klasen, and he tried with Nashville. He's tiny, and for a guy of that stature he's not particulary fast. Nor does he play the game at a very high pace. And his defensive game is average at best.

He's got great hands, a good shot and he can pass well. Exciting player to watch but not quite suited for the NHL. But if he ever gives it one more time who knows. Maybe in the right situation he could have some success. He should be able to contribute to a power play at least.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Sorokin in the KHL has impressed me a lot. As an Isles fan he's the light in the darkness for me right now. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=214182

He is a great prospect.

However, the Rangers may have the better Russian goalie prospect in Igor Shestyorkin...maybe not...

But if things turn out well for both players, they could be going head to head for years...has the makings of a very entertaining rivalry. :nod:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Linus Klasen, NLA superstar :sarcasm: (in a league dominated by Robert Nilsson, P-M Bouchard, Drew Shore and Arcobello).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad