Best Player of All time at each number - #12

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
As mentioned in the last thread, there was some obvious miscommunication between, me and the rest of yous.

The purpose of this thread to find the player who was the most successful while wearing the specific number. They must have played with that number for 4 or more years.

Ranking are top 3s. They are based on votes, players without votes are not added.

Gotta go Iggy here.

Options for #12
Peter Bondra
Wayne Cashman
Yvan Cournoyer
Olli Jokinen
Jarome Iginla
Tim Kerr
Patrick Marleau
Dickie Moore
Adam Oates
Stan Smyl
Eric Staal

#0 and #00 were skipped, we can do them last if it is in demand.
#1 - (final ) 1. Terry Sawchuk 2. Jacques Plante 3.Johnny Bower
#2 - (will redo forgot Shore) 1. Doug Harvey 2. Brian Leetch 3. Al Macinnis/Vyacheslav Fetisov
#3 - (final) 1. Pierre Pilote 2. Scott Stevens 3. Harry Howell
#4 - (final) 1. Bobby Orr
#5 - (final) 1. Nick Lidstrom
#6 - (final) 1. Toe Blake 2. Phil Housley 3. Shea Weber
#7 - (in progress) 1. Ray Bourque/Phil Esposito 2. Howie Morenz
#8 - (final) 1. Alex Ovechkin 2. Drew Doughty
#9 - (in progress) 1. Gordie Howe 2. Bobby Hull 3.Maurice "Rocket" Richard
#10 - (in progress) 1. Guy Lafleur 2. Pavel Bure 3. Ron Francis
#11 - (in progress) 1. Mark Messier
#12 - (in progress) 1. Jarome Iginla 2. Dickie Moore 3. Adam Oates​

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Moore over Iginla

2 Art Ross
6 Cups
2x 1st All-Stars teams

Can't really fault Iginla for the lack of cups in a 30 team league. Iginla has an Art Ross, Pearson, 2 Richards, 3x 1st team all star, 2 Hart runner ups and a 3rd place finish. Moore had a great 2 year peak and a few other good years, but Iginla's best seasons were still among the league's best and had the fuller regular career outside of that. I get that Moore was stifled by the team he was on for several years but I've never really understood why he's rated as highly as he is.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarkusMaslund

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Moore over Iginla

2 Art Ross
6 Cups
2x 1st All-Stars teams

I agree with the poster above, except for the idea that Moore was "stifled" by playing for Montreal. I doubt Moore was complaining about being surrounded by all-time greats. It's hard to imagine that a player was "stifled" to the tune of 2 Art Ross trophies.

Iginla has way more solid years surrounding his peak/prime. Moore had a nice peak but I'm not sure that it's any better than Iginla's.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I agree with the poster above, except for the idea that Moore was "stifled" by playing for Montreal. I doubt Moore was complaining about being surrounded by all-time greats. It's hard to imagine that a player was "stifled" to the tune of 2 Art Ross trophies.

Iginla has way more solid years surrounding his peak/prime. Moore had a nice peak but I'm not sure that it's any better than Iginla's.

By stifled I mean he likely wasn't given the top minutes early that he would have received on a worse team that would have filled out his career more. Having all time greats around you only goes so far if they're taking the prime minutes.

Reactions: ESH

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Jarome my second favorite player ever. Proud to have a #12 in the closet

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
It's *Jarome

Both in terms of his name, and the answer to this question

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
.... you're taking these guys over players who won both art ross and rocket richard trophies and tons of cups.
Yes, I don't put as much stock into Montreal Cup wins when they were literally just building All-Star teams year after year by signing every good player in Eastern Canada. Also, Moore scored less than 300 career goals and Cournoyer never led the league in Goals, Assists or Points and has less career Goals and Points than Bondra.

Reactions: um

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad