• Henrik Sedin

Votes: 44 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

toothlessgoon

Apr 18, 2020
Previous poll winners

Toronto Maple Leafs: Auston Matthews (30.5%)
Montreal Canadiens: Jean Beliveau (44.0)
New York Rangers: Brian Leetch (48.7%)
Chicago Blackhawks: Bobby Hull (57.3%)
Detroit Red Wings: Gordie Howe (81.6%)
Boston Bruins: Bobby Orr (89.3%)
St. Louis Blues: Brett Hull (81.3%)
Philadelphia Flyers: Bobby Clarke (62.5%)
Pittsburgh Penguins: Mario Lemieux (91.5%)
Los Angeles Kings: Wayne Gretzky (69.8%)
Dallas Stars: Mike Modano (87.6%)
Buffalo Sabres: Dominic Hasek (89.7%)

Reactions: SniperHF

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My head says Henrik Sedin, but my heart still says Bure.

Looking at it objectively, Hank has the Hart, Ross, Clancy. Better longevity with the Canucks and didn't leave on sour terms.

But Bure was just so dynamic and special. He was phenom and a household name. The way he broke onto the scene is straight out of a storybook. And he doesn't have a bit of an asterisk sharing those Canucks accolades with his brother.

So Bure it is. Despite not really being able to make the strongest objective case for it.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
It’s Bure. Anyone saying otherwise needs to give their head a shake!

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bure, and it's unfortunate how things played out when we could have seen him and Gretzky both playing together

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I think, in this case, there should be an exception to vote for both Daniel and Henrik. They have always been a package deal. Let's just admit that they can be taken as a unit.

As a unit, the Sedin twins are the best player(s) in Canucks history.

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Stan Smyl should be an option

Of course gotta drop the great Bure video by Kevin Wong

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Messier has had the best career of any player to ever wear a Canucks jersey IMO.

In terms of what was accomplished wearing a Canucks it's Bure.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Find you someone who loves you as much as HF loves Bure. My god is he ever overrated on this site. Henrik (and Daniel for that matter) have both the peak and longevity edge.

Reactions: Pip

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Find you someone who loves you as much as HF loves Bure. My god is he ever overrated on this site. Henrik (and Daniel for that matter) have both the peak and longevity edge.
“Pavel Bure, the franchise leader in points-per-game and goals-per-game, scored nine hat-tricks and 24 short-handed goals as a Canuck.”

I will take Bure’s peak of 60 goals and 110 points over Henrik’s 112 points any day of the week

Reactions: alexgreeen

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

As good as the Sedins were in 09-11, it was also a bit of a perfect storm for them, and I don’t believe either of them individual were as good as 92-94 Bure, who didn’t have anyone near his level to play with, and was harder to contain even by good defensive teams. Sedins could be held to the perimeter by good defences and if their cross ice options were taken away they struggled to get prime scoring chances. It’s one of the reason their playoff possession numbers are dominant but their scoring is only ok. Bure’s speed and puck control was better at breaking down defences.

I do think Bure gets overrated, but I also think it’s fair to take him for peak here. I think the bigger thing is people forget he only had 3 seasons above 60 points with the team though, and played fewer games for the franchise than Jim Sandlak

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Where is the Mark Messier option?

wow, and I thought mentioning Messier was trolling

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
Bure is the most talented player to play for the Canucks

H. Sedin is the greatest Canuck in terms of representing the franchise if you get what that means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad