Best Overall Player: Nash V.S. Frolov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Moose

Nash Or Frolov

I have to go with Nash. Love Frolov but Nash is just something else. How close is Frolov to being in the same league as Nash? Frolov does have a lot of size/strenght, but lets not forget Nash packed on 15 pounds & is a monster out there. Frolov seems more complete, plays better defence & scores/assists pretty solid. Nash is more of your sniping scorer type player

Thoughts

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Think you answered your own question, don't know many people who would say Frolov over Nash... As mentioned above, it's a bad comparison as it's Nash with little to no thought...

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
LA isnt that bad.. I'd rather play for them than Columbus for now

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Nash. Obviously.

But Frolov will be a very good player. Think 30 goals and a possible Selke winner.

Nash, though, will be a perennial Rocket Richard contender (and possibly Art Ross) who can beat you with skill and strength.

Randall Graves*

Frolov has about the same amount of points on a team with the same amount or less of talent that Colombus has,theres nobody to feed Frolov goals...every scoring chance he gets is because of him, obviously Nash will be chosen by most but Frolov is definitely the better overall player.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
RallyKiller said:
Frolov has about the same amount of points on a team with the same amount or less of talent that Colombus has,theres nobody to feed Frolov goals...every scoring chance he gets is because of him, obviously Nash will be chosen by most but Frolov is definitely the better overall player.

You just keep saying that, maybe one day it'll come true.

Nash by a mile.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Nash and it isn't even funny. For those who are going to bring the "he isn't much of a playmaker" line while Frolov is putting some assists, I say get a clue. Nash is such a rare blend of skills.

Kings86

Nov 21, 2002
Santa Monica
Visit site
It seems that people overwhelmingly feel that Nash is the better overall player here. I'm just curious as to why? I've seen a lot of Frolov but not so much of Nash so I can't really compare.

Looking at the stats (I know stats don't mean everything) it would seem to be more even than some of the one-sided answers would indicate:

Frolov 38 pts (8 on the pwr play) and +15
Nash 41 pts (22 on the pwr play) and -23

Is it the age differential? Or maybe the different style of play? Goal scoring ability?

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Rick Nash he is just amazing :>, but i also think Frolov is very good he's going to be a great player but Nasher is gonna be even better :joker:

Count the Cash

Feb 3, 2004
Got to vote for my avatar. I do however think that Frolov has been way better than anyone had expected at this point in his young career.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Hockey Moose said:
Nash Or Frolov

I have to go with Nash. Love Frolov but Nash is just something else. How close is Frolov to being in the same league as Nash? Frolov does have a lot of size/strenght, but lets not forget Nash packed on 15 pounds & is a monster out there. Frolov seems more complete, plays better defence & scores/assists pretty solid. Nash is more of your sniping scorer type player

Thoughts

Look like the last year Heatley Kovalchuck comparasion.

I think you already aswer your question and I can aslo add tha
t Nash is 2 years younger.

As K vs H...

JD

st_roland

Right now, I'd rather have Frolov if I was going into the playoffs, but Nash should develop into a much better player.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
RallyKiller said:

:joker:

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Frolov by a longshot!

Nash is a type of a player that can get you goals, but Frolov is the type of a player that wins Cups. Frolov is a better leader and plays a better defense than Nash. So I would go with Frolov here.

RedWingRussian

Peter25 said:
Frolov by a longshot!

Nash is a type of a player that can get you goals, but Frolov is the type of a player that wins Cups. Frolov is a better leader and plays a better defense than Nash. So I would go with Frolov here.
Agreed Peter25.I have both of these fine chaps in my fantasy league.And the way I read the heading was who is the better "overall" player.Nash scores alot no doubt,but his defensive game isn't there yet.And he's not a set up man.Frolov has done it all this year,offensive and defensive.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
JackDaniel said:
Look like the last year Heatley Kovalchuck comparasion.

I think you already aswer your question and I can aslo add tha
t Nash is 2 years younger.

As K vs H...

Be careful. You could summon Dr.Sens and his hilariously erroneous notions on Heatley VS Kovalchuk.

I can imagine him preparing a weak defense for Heatley right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad