Best Oilers Free Agent Signing of All Time

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Could you not at least make an argument that Gretzky would qualify as a free agent signing?

Not going to fall for the bait this article was obviously aiming for.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Did not know that Mac T killed someone and spent time in prison... Crazy.

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
I think Charlie Huddy is a better choice. 10 seasons with the oilers, member of all 5 cup winning teams, and he played a more important role than MacT on those teams (top 3 D).

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Craig MacTavish is also honored with his own word in Urban Dictionary.

Sex without a condom is known as doing it "MacTavish" (aka without a helmet).

sOILing McSelf

Aug 18, 2011
Craig MacTavish is also honored with his own word in Urban Dictionary.

Sex without a condom is known as doing it "MacTavish" (aka without a helmet).

This isn't in the Urban Dictionary but in my group of friends if you're un-circumsized it's called MacT'ing it.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Could you not at least make an argument that Gretzky would qualify as a free agent signing?

Not going to fall for the bait this article was obviously aiming for.

Gretzky was a trade from Indianapolis, everyone knows that.

It also wasn't meant as bait, it was a legitimate choice as the best free agent in Oilers history. Who is better? It really came down to MacT vs Huddy.

We looked at him solely as a player though. His management career played zero factor in the choice.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
wasn't Charlie Huddy a free agent signing? (edit: oh sorry destro, just noticed you posted this)

I like MacT as a choice for the top though. He did help us win cups. There's no sense in diminishing that contribution just because of his failings as a GM

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
This isn't in the Urban Dictionary but in my group of friends if you're un-circumsized it's called MacT'ing it.

Shouldn't it be the opposite. An uncircumcised penis has something protecting its head.

Edit: nevermind. You guys had it right. Cool that you guys have a euphemism for it. Sounds like a close group of guys.

Double edit: actually I was right the first time. Congrats on tricking me into thinking about penises for the past 10 min.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Shouldn't it be the opposite. An uncircumcised penis has something protecting its head.

Edit: nevermind. You guys had it right. Cool that you guys have a euphemism for it. Sounds like a close group of guys.

Double edit: actually I was right the first time. Congrats on tricking me into thinking about penises for the past 10 min.

I+ll+take+the+penis+mightier+trebeck+_934a14eabed552d18c7743e4fd77b770.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad