Best Oiler playoff series of years past?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
My choice too. The intensity was off the chart- aside from Game 7 during which both teams were pretty much spent. Of course Tikkanen's OT winner made even that game epic.

91 vrs the Flamers was mine too.

Who can forget Fleury's skate and roll for the game 6 OT winner. then the Flamers went up 3-0 in the game seven. they had champagne on ice.

hahaha. brings a smile to this day.

tikkanen

Jan 1, 2016
red deer
91 vrs the Flamers was mine too.

Who can forget Fleury's skate and roll for the game 6 OT winner. then the Flamers went up 3-0 in the game seven. they had champagne on ice.

hahaha. brings a smile to this day.

Totally agree-of course in todays rules there would have been 4 penalties every shift-remember Beuk and Muni just pounding the flames and Roberts and others hammering the oilers. A war every shift. Great skill too. the oil had nothing left by the time they got to the Northstars.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Totally agree-of course in todays rules there would have been 4 penalties every shift-remember Beuk and Muni just pounding the flames and Roberts and others hammering the oilers. A war every shift. Great skill too. the oil had nothing left by the time they got to the Northstars.

heh heh. I actually watched a game from that series about a year ago. Absolute insanity. It was like watching Slapshot.

It's hard to believe hockey was so crazy not really all that long ago.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Gotta be between 06 wings, 06 sharks or 97 Dallas, Marchants goal is up there with the greatest oiler moments ever. The emotions I felt during those as a young kid and then a teenager won't be matched for a while.

1997 vs Dallas. Had absolutely no business winning that series on paper, but it was an absolute war, with some double OT games, us coming back from 3-0 down with less than 2 minutes left to win a game, CuJo making the save of the century on Nieuwendyk, and of course Todd Marchant sniping high blocker on Moog in OT of game 7.

This.

tikkanen

Jan 1, 2016
red deer
heh heh. I actually watched a game from that series about a year ago. Absolute insanity. It was like watching Slapshot.

It's hard to believe hockey was so crazy not really all that long ago.

After the last home stand it seems like a really long time ago:(

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
did anyone remember or tape the 1984 battle of alberta?

looking for the first five games....

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Oilers/Stars '97 series. Joseph's save and then next shift Marchant goal. I was doing homework (seriously I was) and my Dad and bro were in the other room and they went nuts at those two moments.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Oilers/Stars '97 series. Joseph's save and then next shift Marchant goal. I was doing homework (seriously I was) and my Dad and bro were in the other room and they went nuts at those two moments.

This was my favorite - apart from those when I was a kid and the Oilers won their cups in the 80's. These are getting a bit faded in my memory although I do recall Klima coming off the bench after not playing for a long time and scoring a game winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad