Best NHL Grinders/Enforcers/Fighters 2016-17

stlblues5

Apr 27, 2016
St Louis
Okay, so, a new question has come to my mind. Who are the roughest toughest players in the NHL right now? The cross checking, slew footing, guys you just hate to play against. Let's ignore the controversy over whether there are Enforcers in the modern NHL. The goons of the league that are there because they are big and can hit and skate at the same time. Discuss away.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Okay, so, a new question has come to my mind. Who are the roughest toughest players in the NHL right now? The cross checking, slew footing, guys you just hate to play against. Let's ignore the controversy over whether there are Enforcers in the modern NHL. The goons of the league that are there because they are big and can hit and skate at the same time. Discuss away.

To clarify are you asking who the biggest rats are i.e mentioning slewfoots and crosschecking? Who the best actual fighter/enforcer is? or who are the best players who can fight/play tough and contribute? Because those are all very different things...

stlblues5

Apr 27, 2016
St Louis
To clarify are you asking who the biggest rats are i.e mentioning slewfoots and crosschecking? Who the best actual fighter/enforcer is? or who are the best players who can fight/play tough and contribute? Because those are all very different things...
You're right I should clarify thank you for that. The players don't have to contribute, just play tough and fight and enforce. They don't necessarily have to be the dirtiest players, just the ones that come to your mind when you think of tough. (I'm a Blues fan so I think of Ryan Reaves, and John Scott would be a well known one if he still played)

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
If you're talking the best player/fighter in the mold of Tocchet and Iginla then I would say Wayne Simmonds has probably been the best the last few seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad