Best league in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Yeah, I think we can end this "discussion" here...I mean I'm not too into debating with an 16 year old whose best arguments are: "Liek no wai! u cant be serius! sm-liiga sux, i havnt seen ani gaems but they dont hav any swedish palyers so they must suk111!!!1"

Take your eyes out of your ass. HV acquired Beech just for the CHL, I think that's saying enough. The swedish teams take this tournament as seriously as they take season in SEL. 100%. And why wouldn't they, the winner gets 1 million doll..! (or was it euros?) well anyway the winner gets alot of money, enough for the KHL teams to take this tournament seriously.

a team can earn up to 1.7 mln euros. So, there is a reason to play hard.

STHLM*

Yeah, I think we can end this "discussion" here...I mean I'm not too into debating with an 16 year old whose best arguments are: "Liek no wai! u cant be serius! sm-liiga sux, i havnt seen ani gaems but they dont hav any swedish palyers so they must suk111!!!1"

Take your eyes out of your ass. HV acquired Beech just for the CHL, I think that's saying enough. The swedish teams take this tournament as seriously as they take season in SEL. 100%. And why wouldn't they, the winner gets 1 million doll..! (or was it euros?) well anyway the winner gets alot of money, enough for the KHL teams to take this tournament seriously.

Yes, the discussion stops here. It's not worth to discuss with 5-years old kid who think his leaugue is better than what is it! I see children from both Russia and Finland in here! Grow up! KHL is the best league with SEL close behind.
If this tournament is so big why the media in Sweden doesn't write about it? No it's SEL, SEL and SEEEEEEEEEEL!

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Yes, the discussion stops here. It's not worth to discuss with 5-years old kid who think his leaugue is better than what is it! I see children from both Russia and Finland in here! Grow up! KHL is the best league with SEL close behind.
If this tournament is so big why the media in Sweden doesn't write about it? No it's SEL, SEL and SEEEEEEEEEEL!

I was actually going to respond to you again but then I read your other "production" on these boards mainly on the "cold war" thread and...well...do I really need to say more...

All I can say is it would be really cool if there would be a way to have some kinda registration where you would have to identify yourself and that you over 18 years old. That would really raise the level of the conversations...Well maybe some day in the future :innocent:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Yeah, we also need to have some kind of a script that would not allow more than 20 capital letters in a post and also no more than 3 same letters in a row :laugh:

STHLM*

I was actually going to respond to you again but then I read your other "production" on these boards mainly on the "cold war" thread and...well...do I really need to say more...

All I can say is it would be really cool if there would be a way to have some kinda registration where you would have to identify yourself and that you over 18 years old. That would really raise the level of the conversations...Well maybe some day in the future :innocent:

Well, I would love to know if you are 5-years old because that it is what you seems to be! You and the the russians are the ones who make the level in here very low!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Well, I would love to know if you are 5-years old because that it is what you seems to be! You and the the russians are the ones who make the level in here very low!

YOU NEEDS TO LEARN SOME EEEEEEENGLISH BEFOREEEEEEE POSTING HEREEEEE!!!

:sarcasm:

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005

Not saying my contributions to these boards are from the highest level especially in this particular thread, but I'm still pretty confident that I've brought more to this conversation than you (which is not alot though :laugh:)

STHLM*

Not saying my contributions to these boards are from the highest level especially in this particular thread, but I'm still pretty confident that I've brought more to this conversation than you (which is not alot though :laugh:)

Are you sure about that? Many people should agree with me about SEL being much better than SM-liiga for example!:laugh:

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Is the SEL really as good as some people make it out to be?

The Swedish Elitserien seems to be the consensus number 3 league in the world after the NHL and KHL here on HF boards.

Some facts to consider:

-Rögle BK briefly lead the SEL and are currently sitting third in the standings. Rögle BK made it to the SEL this season and it's roster is full of no-name players with a few promising talents and Kenny Jönsson. Their number 1 goalie is Jere Myllyniemi, probably not even among the 100 best finnish goalies right now.

Now you tell me, if the SEL is such a good league how in the bloody hell can a second tier team step into the SEL and compete with the very best just like that?

-Janne Niskala shattered the all-time points record for defencemen two seasons ago, yet he was unable to break into the NHL on a poor defensive team like Tampa. If you shatter an all-time record, in a league as supposedly good as the SEL, shouldn't you at least make it to the NHL?

-Looking at the top 10 in scoring right now in the SEL you would find two Norwegians, Niko Dimitrakos and Brad Moran. No offence to Norwegians but two of them should not be among the league leaders in the world's third best league.

-The fact that a guy like Pavel Brendl can tear up said league also raises eyebrows.

-The SEL is also the softest of the top-leagues out there.

All in all it's seems to me that those who claim the SEL is clearly better than the AHL, SM-liiga etc., and even on par with the KHL, are still living in the lockout year when the SEL was indeed among the 3 best leagues in the world.

Now don't get me wrong, there is tons of talent in the SEL and the hockey that is played there is really good and organized but is it really the third best league in the world?

I honestly can't say but the facts I brought up earlier makes you wonder.

STHLM*

YOU NEEDS TO LEARN SOME EEEEEEENGLISH BEFOREEEEEEE POSTING HEREEEEE!!!

:sarcasm:

I know I'm bad at english but it isn't my first language. The most important thing for me is that people understand what I'm saying. The most people do that. Maybe you should go and learn some english if you don't understand what I wrote? Or you haven't any better to say about hockey? After all this is a hockey forum, not to talk about my bad english!

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
ECC = preseason tournament? Oh boy, oh boy...:shakehead but a nice excuse though. And dont post here anymore, you are laughable

You forbid me?:sarcasm:

And who is more laughabale a reasonable guy or a guy that lives in self-made world and makes opinions on his "feelings" knowing nothing about the subject?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Is the SEL really as good as some people make it out to be?

The Swedish Elitserien seems to be the consensus number 3 league in the world after the NHL and KHL here on HF boards.

Some facts to consider:

-Rögle BK briefly lead the SEL and are currently sitting third in the standings. Rögle BK made it to the SEL this season and it's roster is full of no-name players with a few promising talents and Kenny Jönsson. Their number 1 goalie is Jere Myllyniemi, probably not even among the 100 best finnish goalies right now.

Now you tell me, if the SEL is such a good league how in the bloody hell can a second tier team step into the SEL and compete with the very best just like that?

-Janne Niskala shattered the all-time points record for defencemen two seasons ago, yet he was unable to break into the NHL on a poor defensive team like Tampa. If you shatter an all-time record, in a league as supposedly good as the SEL, shouldn't you at least make it to the NHL?

-Looking at the top 10 in scoring right now in the SEL you would find two Norwegians, Niko Dimitrakos and Brad Moran. No offence to Norwegians but two of them should not be among the league leaders in the world's third best league.

-The fact that a guy like Pavel Brendl can tear up said league also raises eyebrows.

-The SEL is also the softest of the top-leagues out there.

All in all it's seems to me that those who claim the SEL is clearly better than the AHL, SM-liiga etc., and even on par with the KHL, are still living in the lockout year when the SEL was indeed among the 3 best leagues in the world.

Now don't get me wrong, there is tons of talent in the SEL and the hockey that is played there is really good and organized but is it really the third best league in the world?

I honestly can't say but the facts I brought up earlier makes you wonder.

1.Rogle as the leader of SEL. First of all, it's just the beginning of the season.
Aside from Kenny they have some decent players like Mathias Tjarnqvist.
Rogle is a surprise of the year so far.
2.Niskala would dominate any league in Europe IMO. He's on the same level as Magnus Johansson. And not all are made for NHL.
3.Moran and Dimitrakos are decent players. As for Norwegians, waht's the problem, amongst NHL best players there are an Austrian and Slovenian so what? Aasen is huge talent, and Skroede has great chemistry with him and Sundstrom.
4.Maybe it will surprise you but Brendl actually has 15 goals in 24 games in KHL right now. On a garbage team.
5.SEL is not the softest. SM Liiga is more physical but NLA or Extraleague or KHL are not more physical than SEL.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
And who is more laughabale a reasonable guy or a guy that lives in self-made world and makes opinions on his "feelings" knowing nothing about the subject?

heck, that was an excellent description of Garl!

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
no reason to leave this thread open. there's no need for flame wars like this. some need to grow up.

and get ligaen is best followed by erste bank liga. everyone knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad