Rumor: Best Leafs Podcast?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
For me it's OverDrive, and the Leaf Report.

Haven't heard of the one above, I'll check em out.

Yeah Leafs Report I think is really good for Leaf talk. It's not hours long either.

I really like 31 Thoughts as well for league wide talk, rumours and speculation.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
The Leafs Convo is pretty good. Usually about 20 minutes in length

57C25ECD-AC1C-4107-81E9-C9AF676CBFF2.jpeg

Also the Steve Dangle Podcast (On hiatus for the summer) if you can handle Steve’s frequent screaming

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Offside hockey talk is back and to me, these guys give flair to the podcast world. Check em out

ill check it out ….when u google u get EDITOR IN LEAF and PENSION PLAN PUPPETS ,both just factless mumbo jumbo water cooler ,wedding reception trash .
sounds better than MKE FROM BUFFALO ..LOL

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
OverDrive (since they used to be Leafs Lunch, still Leafs-heavy) by far the best when you consider the depth of knowledge, fandom (Hayes/O'Neill), insights/in-the-room (O'Neill/McLennan), pure hockey knowledge (McLennan), and top guests (McKenzie/Dreger/Button/Ferraro) -- can't get better than than.

HockeyCentral is good, though Kypreos/MacLean are unbearable humble-braggers. I like Stellick and a few others.

Steve Dangle knows/loves his Leafs and he grows on you, entertains, but not exactly deep insights or connections in the game. Still worth a listen.

I've heard some of the others but the sound quality is usually awful with near-zero information/insights.

Leafs Lunch (with Andi), I like the guests a lot, Andi tries really hard, I never liked the chemistry they had (O'Sullivan/Rowe), Gord Miller is too-much, Colaiacovo is promising, Chiodo kinda blends in too much but it's early.

The Leaf Report (The Atheltic) - Jonas Siegel/James Mirtle is pretty good, only heard one episode.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
SDP is one of the most fun to listen to but the actual hockey analysis does leave something to be desired.

Still lots of fun and easily one of the funnier hockey podcasts.

Growler

May 16, 2018
The Leafs Convo is pretty good. Usually about 20 minutes in length

View attachment 129127

Also the Steve Dangle Podcast (On hiatus for the summer) if you can handle Steve’s frequent screaming
Leafs Convo is like listening to nails on a chalk board. I gave it a few months = "unsubscribe." Leafs Geeks is the best.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
SDP is one of the most fun to listen to but the actual hockey analysis does leave something to be desired.

Still lots of fun and easily one of the funnier hockey podcasts.

Yup. Hot takes are one thing... but it's so frustrating when you know they are saying something that is just so wrong.

Plus Steve is getting a little too old for the yelling schtick.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
The Leaf Report and Leafs Geeks with Ian Tulloch are the best Leafs centric ones. 31 thoughts is great, but more league wide.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
If I can I prefer to watch the videos listening to it doesn't really do it justice because they do a lot of daffy things on camera. the facial reactions are always amusing. I find there best shows are when they have guests . Steve is a bit of a eccentric but I think that's half the gag. he's just that leaf fan that most of us wont show in public anymore lol. tho his screaming does get tiresome they do a good job of at least filling you in on everything that happens in the league for the most part. They try for the most part to have a good chunk of it leaf related, sometimes its only about a quarter of it depending on how much leaf news is around.

i'll have to check out the other ones listed Ive seen a few on you tube. but most of them are just lfr rip offs for the most part.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
If I can I prefer to watch the videos listening to it doesn't really do it justice because they do a lot of daffy things on camera. the facial reactions are always amusing. I find there best shows are when they have guests . Steve is a bit of a eccentric but I think that's half the gag. he's just that leaf fan that most of us wont show in public anymore lol. tho his screaming does get tiresome they do a good job of at least filling you in on everything that happens in the league for the most part. They try for the most part to have a good chunk of it leaf related, sometimes its only about a quarter of it depending on how much leaf news is around.

i'll have to check out the other ones listed Ive seen a few on you tube. but most of them are just lfr rip offs for the most part.
facebook was a rip off.. thats how the world works. take an idea and make it better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad