Hockey Falls
Calder
Hart
Ross
Smythe
Clancy

500 goals
1353 points

4-time top 5 Hart vote getter (that guy Gretzky was playing)
1-time Selke runner up

1 sweet mustache

Doesn't get much better than that

I wonder how he would viewed if he played for one of those darling franchises? Not sure he gets enough respect when that discussion of greatest centers of all time takes place. And Potvin was better than Bourque. Not sure how anyone can think otherwise. Just saying.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Came here just to see if anyone voted for Cameron to troll us..

#19 is the only number I have ever worn on an Islander jersey since I was a kid(you can say sweater, I have just always said jersey)... although my kids keep telling me they will get me a #12 jersey soon.

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
I wonder how he would viewed if he played for one of those darling franchises? Not sure he gets enough respect when that discussion of greatest centers of all time takes place. And Potvin was better than Bourque. Not sure how anyone can think otherwise. Just saying.
whenever i think of Bourque i can't help but think of Brad May at the same time, even though that play was really all Lafontaine.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Quite possibly THE best Islander of all time.

I love all of those dynasty players but from an all around perspective Trottier was our best player with all due respect to everyone . During the dynasty, Arbour called Trottier the best player in hockey, without reservation. Arbour also said , "Gretzky is an offensive genius for sure. But at this stage Trots gives you more things. Defensively, he's outstanding. And he's physically tough. He comes up with his 100 points a year, automatically, along with everything else!

I can't recall if it was Nystrom or Gillies but they asked one of them who was the best fighter on the Islanders. The answer was Trottier, but he just didnt do it but he was a strong mother f***er. .

Could do it all .. 1425 points (1353 with us) in 1279 games (1123 with us).. He had a 95 point season his rookie year, two years before Bossy hit the scene. 6 cups as a player.

He was a superstar wit a a blue collar two way gritty player style.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
If Bossy didn't have a bad back and had a few more stellar seasons...but it's hard to argue against Trots as the best Islander.

Reactions: The Real JT

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
And being caught on a hot mic, tossing insults like an 8th grader to the opposition certainly doesn’t hurt his status for me either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad