Best "Insider"

Best CURRENT insider

• Total voters

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Who's the best current insider?
Seems to me during this summer Pagnotta has been involved in breaking a lot of big news first.

Used to enjoy Friedman, but all he does is speculate lately.

Bobby Mac doesn't break a whole lot of news, but when he says something, it happens.

Dreger is 50/50

LeBrun is pretty solid, but he also speculates a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: King Trouty

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Bob and it’s not even close.

He even called somebody on hf an assclown. That’s something none of the other guys can claim.

Reactions: Voight

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Rick dhaliwal, for anything Canuck related.

He even called somebody on hf an assclown.

no, basically some other sports guy mentioned something about hfboards.com bullying him and bob said "hfboards.com? don't listen to those assclowns" or something like that.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Rick dhaliwal, for anything Canuck related.

no, basically some other sports guy mentioned something about hfboards.com bullying him and bob said "hfboards.com? don't listen to those assclowns" or something like that.
He did do that, but he also posted the words “ass clowns” on HF way back in the day.

Darren Dreger - Page 2 - HFBoards

I’m 95% sure he called a specific poster an ass clown on a separate occcasion, but I can’t find that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizdizzle and Morgs

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
He did so that, but he also posted the words “ass clowns” on HF way back in the day.

Darren Dreger - Page 2 - HFBoards

I’m 95% sure he called a specific poster an ass clown on a separate occcasion, but I can’t find that one.
Yes he was here and did call somebody an assclown.
Unfortunately it didn't take him long to tire of the nonsense and stopped posting.
He might still read on occasion though.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Bobby Mac is great but I feel like he hasn't hit on anything big in a while.

I like him because he's the most level headed and never gets embarrassed with bad takes, but I don't look to him for cutting edge stuff anymore. He's also been posting more speculation lately it seems.

Reactions: Teemu

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I think they've all become tools.

Bobby Mac is the best and a legend, but I went with Lebrun because he doesn't come across as pompous to me as all the others do.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Sometimes I find Lebrun annoying, but he is pretty good at getting that inside scoop. Bobby Mac is right behind him, but he sometimes gets over rated on these boards and in general because he's such a likeable personality.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Don't ever disrespect Bobby GOAT Mac like this ever again.....

Friedman IMO will be the "next MacKenzie" i.e hes awesome now (31 thoughts is great stuff) and will take the top spot when Bobby retires.

LeBrun I like too, but when he was at ESPN I'm not sure he went more than a week without praising or writing about Crosby. Sucks hes at the athletic now.

Pagnotta I don't even thin is verified on Twitter :laugh: (don't think TFP is either)

Dreger fell off a bit IMO.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

No, way back in the day Bob actually had an account on this board, with which he quite literally called someone an assclown.

The radio comment was a deliberate throwback to that because as you might expect it blew up on here.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad