Best individual game performances in the OG history?

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
We can close this thread. This was, is and certainly will be for a very very very long time the best individual game performance in OG history

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Maybe. But how about Hasek? Are his games in 1998 on such level?
This myth needs to die already. The Canadians were heavily outplayed throughout the game. If not for Roy, that game is over well before it gets even close to OT, but for some inane reason, that game is cast as the ultimate proof why Hašek is better than Roy.

Orange Dragon

Feb 5, 2016
This myth needs to die already. The Canadians were heavily outplayed throughout the game. If not for Roy, that game is over well before it gets even close to OT, but for some inane reason, that game is cast as the ultimate proof why Hašek is better than Roy.

Canada wasn't only team Hasek played against, you know...

I think that Hasek in 1998 was the best individual TOURNAMENT performance, but speaking of single game only Bure takes the cake IMO.

Reactions: Jablkon

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Canada wasn't only team Hasek played against, you know...

I think that Hasek in 1998 was the best individual TOURNAMENT performance, but speaking of single game only Bure takes the cake IMO.
Single game performance is the question as I understood it. And do tell, what is the game that is the most mysticised when it comes to Hašek?

Orange Dragon

Feb 5, 2016
Single game performance is the question as I understood it. And do tell, what is the game that is the most mysticised when it comes to Hašek?

You are probably right, I've seen numerous people claiming that Hasek stole the game against Canada, in fact Canada was lucky to get to the overtime. The best Hasek performance in Nagano was in my opinion against USA when he really saved Czechs ass*s before their offense started going.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jablkon

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

They were most certainly not heavily out played in that game at all, this is part of the czech myth that I have seen grow over the years to add to the Czechs glory in winning it all that year. The czechs played well and deserved to win that year so i do not see the need for them having to stretch the truth to try to make it seem even more impressive then it was.

The Czech-Canada game was a close game, did the Czechs outplay them?...........yes, but not by much and Hasek really was the difference in the end.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
They were most certainly not heavily out played in that game at all, this is part of the czech myth that I have seen grow over the years to add to the Czechs glory in winning it all that year. The czechs played well and deserved to win that year so i do not see the need for them having to stretch the truth to try to make it seem even more impressive then it was.

The Czech-Canada game was a close game, did the Czechs outplay them?...........yes, but not by much and Hasek really was the difference in the end.

More like Robert Reichel was the difference in the end, the only player with the ability to score in the SO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad