Best Habs game of the season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think one of their best games of the season was the first game against Washington. The one where Drouin ended up getting hurt.

That night, it looked like the Habs was going to go on to have a better year than the year before (where they missed the playoffs by 2 pts).

But just knowing that as of the next night, they played NJ, lost and that started the first of two 8-game losing streaks.

FrenchHabs

Aug 16, 2005
Paris, France
www.daviddeboudt.com
I actually like to watch games from this season during the pandemic time off.
It feels good to see the guys on the ice and see our youngsters develop. I watched the Ducks game yesterday with Jake Evans showgin some great things.

Would you recommend other games ?

GreenBubbleRaincoat

Mar 15, 2013
Hancock, Michigan
I think one of their best games of the season was the first game against Washington. The one where Drouin ended up getting hurt.

That night, it looked like the Habs was going to go on to have a better year than the year before (where they missed the playoffs by 2 pts).

But just knowing that as of the next night, they played NJ, lost and that started the first of two 8-game losing streaks.
I'd have to agree with this. That night, my Dad and I were pretty much in agreement that the second period of that game was one of the best periods of play for Montreal in the last 3 or 4 years. I know that's not saying a whole hell of a lot, but that was a really good game... and also right before a monumental downfall. Let's see if a '24 team tournament' gets them in the "playoffs" after two sorry-ass eight game losing streaks...

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think I enjoyed one game this year. I really dislike our roster, it's so boring and bland.
Can't wait for a new management team to takeover. I'd give a monkey a crack at it at this point.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The comeback game against the leafs in Toronto early in the year.

I think they were down by 3 goals in the 3rd period, and came back to the take the lead. Leafs tied it late. Habs win in OT. (if I remember it all correctly)

It was a whacky game, that even had a penalty shot in a key moment.

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
The game versus the Blues was almost perfect. Very strong game by the Habs.

But let's be honest the Habs best games came in the first 12-15 games of the season... The rest of the way was pretty bad to brutal.

Reactions: angusyoung

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Also very weak Blues effort.

That was a game where kotka gave a nice cross seam pass to drouin on the PP, who one timed it home. It got me thinking at the time why we dont see drouin attempt that more often if he is able to pull it off.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
As @Adam Michaels stated, the Washington game.

Ironically, the team went on one of the worst runs in the franchise's history right after that game, losing to the Devils in horrible fashion (don't remember the details), followed by a brutal beating by the Bruins, and a 4-0 lead turned into 6-5 loss vs. the NY Rangers a couple games later if memory serves right. Didn't we lose to Ottawa in there as well? Talk about a run of losses lol.

I remember thinking to myself, and it's one of those season-defining thoughts: "How the f*** did we get from beating the Caps to where we are now?"

What I'll remember most from this entire season is our lack of scoring up front and two 8-game losing streaks.
*Edit: Thinking about it on the toilet seat, we lost all our games to the Red Wings.

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As @Adam Michaels stated, the Washington game.

Ironically, the team went on one of the worst runs in the franchise's history right after that game, losing to the Devils in horrible fashion (don't remember the details), followed by a brutal beating by the Bruins, and a 4-0 lead turned into 6-5 loss vs. the NY Rangers a couple games later if memory serves right. Didn't we lose to Ottawa in there as well? Talk about a run of losses lol.

What I'll remember most from this entire season is our lack of scoring up front and two 8-game losing streaks.

Nov. 15: W (5-2 vs. WSH)

Nov. 16: OT L (4-3 vs. NJ)
Nov. 19: L (5-2 vs. CBJ)
Nov. 20: OT L (2-1 vs. OTT)
Nov. 23: L (5-4 vs. NYR) - It's the game where Habs were up 4-0 and then 5-3.
Nov. 26: L (8-1 vs. BOS)
Nov. 28: L (6-4 vs. NJ)
Nov. 30L OT L (4-3 vs. PHI)
Dec. 01: L (3-1 vs. BOS)

And then finally, Dec. 03, they get their first win in a little over two weeks, a 4-2 win against the Isles.

So after their big win in Washington, they only picked up 3 pts of a possible 16 pts.

And the big kicker here is that despite that ugly run, going into and coming out of the holiday break, they were still 3rd in the division.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Nov. 15: W (5-2 vs. WSH)

Nov. 16: OT L (4-3 vs. NJ)
Nov. 19: L (5-2 vs. CBJ)
Nov. 20: OT L (2-1 vs. OTT)
Nov. 23: L (5-4 vs. NYR) - It's the game where Habs were up 4-0 and then 5-3.
Nov. 26: L (8-1 vs. BOS)
Nov. 28: L (6-4 vs. NJ)
Nov. 30L OT L (4-3 vs. PHI)
Dec. 01: L (3-1 vs. BOS)

And then finally, Dec. 03, they get their first win in a little over two weeks, a 4-2 win against the Isles.

So after their big win in Washington, they only picked up 3 pts of a possible 16 pts.

And the big kicker here is that despite that ugly run, going into and coming out of the holiday break, they were still 3rd in the division.
The game ended 6-5 for the NY Rangers right? Was it at the Bell or MSG?

And yea, the Leafs couldn't buy wins either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad