Best Fights of All-Time

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
This is a video I made a while back. I know the music is terrible. It wasn't my first choice, but YT disabled my original song so I had to pick one out of their library.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

What are your favorites?

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
My parameter for good hockey fight do include the quality of the video clip. That is perhaps not the mainstream definition, but hey I like grunge. :nod:

Anyway, this game is the epitome of the joke I came to watch a fight and instead a hockey game broke out

stugotz

Mar 17, 2004
I tend to enjoy the 70-80's fights more. Clark Gillies and Terry O'Reilly had some good scraps in the Islanders/Bruins 1980 playoffs matches. Stan Jonathan was entertaining. Behn Wilson, Nick Fotiu, Dave Brown, Bob Probert, Tie Domi, Wendel Clark, are a few names that always produce good scraps.

skipole

Professional Cynic
Apr 30, 2009
This has to rank pretty damn high on the "epic" scale, even if it's not the best fight ever...

CCMV

Fighting Aficionado
Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
Probert vs. McSorley is a long, good fight. Best all time, hard to say, but at lest it should be considered when talking about best fights of all time. 1 minute and 30 seconds of war.

Mirepoix

Oct 12, 2006
Refs waved off, well over a minute, tons of punches thrown and then a handshake at the penalty box to finish it off. The only way this could have been better is if it had come about from a heated play rather than off the drop.

CCMV

Fighting Aficionado
Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
Ryan VandenBussche never used any defensive tactics in his fights, so most of his fights are highlight reel material. Beside the above mentioned war with Bonvie, I like his scraps with Kyle Freadrich and Dan Kordic.

Note that after the fight against Kyle Freadrich. They had to pick out a tooth from one of VandenBussche's knuckles.

CCMV

Fighting Aficionado
Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
Find the youtube video you want to post. Then in the address field you cut out the part that comes after the = and then pasted it between [ yt ] [/ yt ] (take away the spaces.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uhQ6MemwlI

Cut the bold part.

Paste it between the yt tags:

[ yt ] 6uhQ6MemwlI [ / yt ]

(no spaces when you post it).

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Rivet vs Marchment is one of my personal favourites. I remember watching this game with a couple leaf fans...it's just too bad Rivet didn't drop him.

thank you Probert #24

stugotz

Mar 17, 2004
Who did Vandenbussche have that amazing fight with in 2003-2004? Trying to remember.

The fight with Hordichuk? Ill upload it on youtube and post.

Or was it with Jody Shelly?

Edit:

Last edited:

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Great thread and a great new forum

Here are some of my favorites.

1. Ryan Vandenbuschhe vs Kyle Frederick-an earlier poster was asking about this one and it was a classic. These two went toe to toe and were both bloodied and Friederick either looses some caps to teeth or actual teeth. I dont know how to post you tube clips but it is there someone will find it.

2.Gary Howatt vs Wayne Cashman-This one ocurred during a bench clearer and it also is an absolute classic.

3. Shane Churla vs Kevin Maguire- This one is a classic example of it looking like someone sped the film up on the clip.

4. Bob Probert vs Craig Coxe 1-This one occured in Vancouver and Coxe had an early edge but Probie comes back and takes the win.

5. Jim Sprott vs Tony Joseph-This is an older OHL clip but it is a classic with both guys throwing bombs and landing bombs.

6. PJ Stock vs Steven Peat-This was a war during a national TV game Darren Pang is doing the comentating and he goes absolutely nuts. These two guys had a good series of fights.

7. Trevor Senn vs Tasker- I dont remeber the Tasker Kid's first name. this fight occurred in the ECHL and is a great great fight.

8. Bob Probert vs Craig Coxe 2-This one occured in Joe Louis arena and was better than round one in my opinion.

9. Mel Anglestad vs Darcy Hordichuk 1-this one is an IHL fight where a young Hordichuk is cutting his teeth against one of the minor league legends in Mel Anglestad and they have a fight that describes going toe to toe to a T. They also had a very good round 2.

Dale Purinton vs Brad Symes- this is a classic from the WHL

There are also quite a few series between guys that I feel it is tough to pick one fight out of and you should look at the whole series.

John Kordic vs Jay Miller-My favorite rivalry of all time

Bob Probert vs Tie Domi-my second favorite rivalry of all time and its a close second.

Dave Schultz vs Terry O'Rielly

Tie Domi vs Rob Ray

John Kordic vs Basil Mcrae

Todd Ewen vs Bob Probert

PJ Stock Vs Stephen Peat

Jon Mirasty vs Steve Bosse-This one isnt in the NHL it is in the QSPHL but it has to be seen.

Here are a few of my favorite KO's

Todd Ewen KO's Bob Probert-This one is unique for several reasons. Probert was in his prime here and as far as I know Todd Ewen is the only guy to KO a prime Probert. They also fought again in the same game with Probert getting the edge in the rematch.

Joey Kocur KO's Jim Kyte-Most everyone has seen this one and it is a classic

Rob Ray KO's Jim Kyte-Kyte was a great fighter but was on the wrong end of a few great KO"s.

Herb Raglan KO's Joe Reekie-Not two of the bigger names here but Raglan was with the Blues at the time and he gets a clean KO here.

Behn Wilson KO's John Hillworth-This is one of the meaner KO's that you will see because Wilson clearly gives Hillworth a few more after he was down and dazed if not out.

Here are some of my favorite Blues fights over the years being that I am a Blues fan.

1. Robert Dirk vs Mark Tinordi-Not a lot of people have seen this clip and I can only describe it but this would have to be at the top or very near for my favorite Blues fight ever. High action and toe to toe all the way.

2.Reed Low vs PJ Stock-If any of you are familier with the Don Cherry Rock em Sock Em DVD's and tapes this one made it onto the fight section that year.

3. Tony Twist vs Rob Ray-This one isnt a great fight it is a one way street ass kicking in which Twist Broke Ray's face and put him on the IR. I am trying to stick with toe to toe brawls but I wanted to get the Twister in the list.

4.Brian Sutter vs Ed Hospodar-Sutter is the toughest blues player ever pound for pound and he shows it here taking out a much bigger Hospodar.

5. Jocelyn Lemieux vs Bob McGill-Lemieux is a little cheap in this one because he has a visor on for the scrap but it is still a toe to toe beauty.

6.Darin Kimble vs Shane Churla-This one occurred in the 90-91 playoffs and it is also a war that made Don Cherry's tape that year.

7. Rudy Poeschek vs Sandy Mccarthy- This one is a classic. Rudy didnt play here long and didnt get into a whole lot of games but he had a few highglight reel fights and this one was among the best.

8. Kelly Chase vs Brian Marchment-They go toe to toe during a playoff game I miss the days when that wasnt the exception to the rule.

9.Bob Bassen vs Shane Churla-Bassen goes to to toe with Chanesaw Churla in this one and takes the loss but he hangs in there very well and it is one of my favorites.

10.Todd Ewen vs Jay Miller-Two classic guys in a classic fight.

11.Steve McLaren vs Ryan vandenbusche-This one occurred in a pre seaon game but is a classic worth mentioning.

I have to get three of the Blues more current tough guys onto the list.

Matt Walker vs Todd Fedoruk-Two had two fights back when Fedoruk was still considered a top tier fighter and Walker held his own very well.

DJ King vs Eric Godard-I wish King could catch a break with the injuries and stay healthy because I think he could be a force in this league and this is his best fight as a Blue a toe to toe slugfest with Godard.

Cam Jannsen vs Craig Adams-The local kid had done a very good job in his time here and this was his first fight in the Bluenote and it was a very good one.

Cool forum and I hope to post more!!!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Domi vs. Probert (Round 1 and 2)

The entire Flyers/Senators Brawl from a few year ago.

The classic Red Wings/Avs battles from a few years back before the Flyers/Sens brawl.

Any of the Ron Hextall skirmishes.

Oh and Alex Semin vs. Marc Staal. Epic battle of two very evenly matched opponents.

CCMV

Fighting Aficionado
Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
Here are some of my favorites.

1. Ryan Vandenbuschhe vs Kyle Frederick-an earlier poster was asking about this one and it was a classic. These two went toe to toe and were both bloodied and Friederick either looses some caps to teeth or actual teeth. I dont know how to post you tube clips but it is there someone will find it.

See post #8 above.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Sandy McCarthy scored a goal against NYI, Cairns butt-ends him in the mouth, and then one of the most passionate fights ive ever seen live took place
Fleury and the "F***ing Chicken" arm flapping

LOL

GO RANGERS!

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Dont know how to post video but Mirasty vs Yablongsky last year is one of the all time classic slugfests

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad