Best/favorite car ever owned

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I have the same, 2019 though. My second Forester, after my 12’ 5 speed. Both have taken me in many many great adventures and a cross country road trip on the sport.

But my fav car which I regret selling specially now that Subaru cancelled it for the foreseeable future is the STI. I had a 2015 launch edition, man do I miss that thing : /
The only reason I sold it was because I wanted something more practical as I was living out west and doing a lot of adventures and hiking. But looking back now, I kick myself for not keeping it and just buying an old beater rig for my camping trips and such.

I miss driving manual so much after several stick cars and it’s obvious if you don’t get one now that’s it, they’re gonna be gone. ICE manuals are dead after this generation. That’s why even though I’m not so sure about this new WRX I’m going to consider it down the line. It’ll be basically one of the last few affordable driver’s car out there. It’s probably like one of the few cars where you still even get a hand brake and can turn off traction control nannies.
I am leasing a 2020 WRX. The clutch is pretty light but I learned how to drive manual on it and the car has been a rock so far. A freaking animal in the winter. The lease is up at the end of the year and I'm inclined to just buy the damn thing because I have the money and all the new WRX's are more costly than they should be (used or new.)

I quite like my 6-speed anti-theft device.

Reactions: TaLoN and Panteras

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I am leasing a 2020 WRX. The clutch is pretty light but I learned how to drive manual on it and the car has been a rock so far. A freaking animal in the winter. The lease is up at the end of the year and I'm inclined to just buy the damn thing because I have the money and all the new WRX's are more costly than they should be (used or new.)

If you’re not into the new ones, then for sure keep it. That’s going to be a collectible. You’re not going to find more manuals after this generation of cars. Within 10 years their going to be all but dead I think.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
If you’re not into the new ones, then for sure keep it. That’s going to be a collectible. You’re not going to find more manuals after this generation of cars. Within 10 years their going to be all but dead I think.
I don't have anything against the new ones in particular, I just don't want to spend many thousands more unless I'm getting something more for that money, you know? If it's the same level of power I'll just keep my baby, she knows me and didn't get mad at me when I burned her clutch on my first (EDIT: and many more after that) hill-start. She's forgiving. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

Scooby are u real in snow , if I wanted a performance car I'd like one but I'm a bike guy and cars are kinda transportation. Thankfully I live in CO mountains and wouldn't ride a bike in the city. Buy that Scooby if you maintain it ,I see em and think...bet that's fun to drive.

10 years all will be electronic.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I think for favorite car, I'd have to go with my first car, a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that I still own almost 19 years later.

However, that car is VERY FAR from the best car I've ever owned.

Even though I've owned a handful of vehicles that were some mix of reliable, fun and/or pleasant to drive/own like a WRX Wagon, Honda Fit, Lexus GX470, etc., I think the best overall was my 1993 Geo Prizm. I beat the snot out of that car and it was still super reliable, super cheap to insure/maintain/repair(in the rare instance that something did need replaced) and super easy to work on. It got over 30MPG in the city and over 40 on the highway and with a 5-speed manual, it was more fun to drive than you would think. I ended up selling it to a buddy who for years beat it up even more than I did and it still didn't skip a beat.

With the current gas prices, I'd pick another one up in a heartbeat. Just too bad that most of them in and around my area (SE MI) have rotted out long ago.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I think for favorite car, I'd have to go with my first car, a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD that I still own almost 19 years later.

Even though I've owned a handful of vehicles that were some mix of reliable, fun and/or pleasant to drive/own like a WRX Wagon, Honda Fit, Lexus GX470, etc., I think the best overall was my 1993 Geo Prizm. I beat the snot out of that car and it was still super reliable, super cheap to insure/maintain/repair(in the rare instance that something did need replaced) and super easy to work on. It got over 30MPG in the city and over 40 on the highway and with a 5-speed manual, it was more fun to drive than you would think. I ended up selling it to a buddy who for years beat it up even more than I did and it still didn't skip a beat.

With the current gas prices, I'd pick another one up in a heartbeat. Just too bad that most of them in and around my area (SE MI) have rotted out long ago.
I used to absolutely love those Eagle Talons with the V6, manual and AWD. Too bad I was too young to drive when they came out.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Back in high school, the TSi and old Eclipse GSX were kings

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My 2012 Camry XLE V6 which I still drive. It has plenty of power, a JBL stereo system, leather seats, a sun roof, and a big trunk. If you've never owned a luxury model of any make with a V6 and a great stereo, you don't know what you're missing.

My wife is buying a new Corolla hybrid this weekend and I wouldn't trade my car for it.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
My 2019 Challenger RT for sure. I had to trade it in because I couldn’t make it work as a winter rig in -40/-50, I mean, I could… but I just felt it was torture on the car. The thing was an absolute horse on the highway and one day I'll have another for sure.

5D8B5DE4-80EB-4523-9672-2AB1A50A193D.jpeg
7017287D-AF1D-4980-A493-9E6AB7B70253.jpeg

Reactions: HansonBro

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
(Drove a Challenger Red Eye -- that thing shouldnt be street legal. its insane)
it basically doesn't matter what kind of rear tires you put on that thing, you're still going to be hunting for traction at least half the time.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
it basically doesn't matter what kind of rear tires you put on that thing, you're still going to be hunting for traction at least half the time.

Absolutely. Most impressive point in driving a red-eye/Demon is bringing her down to 40mph on the highway -- making sure you have plenty of "wiggle room" for the back end, and stomping on it.

The backend wiggles a bit as the 10 speed immediately find the right gear and you're launched and hold onto the wheel for dear life. You hit 130 way too quickly. Its scary that there is no end at all to the power. Seemingly unlimited. Never runs out of breath.

It's funny -- at least with a manual, you shift gears and get some semblance of control back, but with the auto, its just borderline wreckless almost all the time. Real scary stuff in the wrong hands.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Absolutely. Most impressive point in driving a red-eye/Demon is bringing her down to 40mph on the highway -- making sure you have plenty of "wiggle room" for the back end, and stomping on it.

The backend wiggles a bit as the 10 speed immediately find the right gear and you're launched and hold onto the wheel for dear life. You hit 130 way too quickly. Its scary that there is no end at all to the power. Seemingly unlimited. Never runs out of breath.

It's funny -- at least with a manual, you shift gears and get some semblance of control back, but with the auto, its just borderline wreckless almost all the time. Real scary stuff in the wrong hands.
The gears are tall and the engine has both large displacement and forced induction...it's just warming up at 100. Now, I don't know how they are at speed since I haven't driven one myself (I'm more the NA screamy engine type; as I told my spouse without recognizing the double meaning, "I like the screamers") but everything you have described is consistent with what I have heard from others that have driven this car. Dangerous.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I had a 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 similar to this one but in white and not quite as lifted. So much fun; beat the heck out of it and only got maybe 18 months of use before it died on me. Super fun to take to the drive in as well with my boyfriend at the time. :naughty:

1010456-1-2006-ranger-ford-superlift-suspension-lift-4in-pro-comp-series-69-black.jpg

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I used to have small cars when I was younger. 10 years ago I had a Sierra double cab with the 8 feet Lear box. Front suspension redone, this huge vehicule rides like a smooth old Cadillac.
One of my favorite small car I had was a 1984 Scirocco. I also had a 1973 Capri before that. I liked my Subaru Legacy '98 with the 2,2 engine. Tough car, good 4x4 transmission, great on snow, only bad point the suspension was a bit rude.

Today I have maybe the best car I ever had. It's a big SUV with a diesel engine that have 379 torque. It's quite confortable, it rides like a big marshmallow suspension.
Had a 1983 Scirocco, tons of fun to drive.

• Love
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
20221117_152309.jpg

My work sled , I love this rig. It has an interior of an 80s corolla with tiny Japanese controls, and drives like one too , just have to remember you have a small house behind you. u turns on a dime.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
1993 3000GT VR4. Totaled it because I was a young dumb asshole. Would love to get another one one day but they're so rare now that the price is f***en absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad