David Pastrnak
Tim Stutzle

Roman Josi
Filip Hronek

Fredrik Andersen

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sweden for me.. but if you replace Andersen with Dostal than I say rest of Europe.lol Ironically,I'm wondering it here is a D closer in ability to Josi other than Hronek? Oh shit... Seider!

So I switch to Rest of Europe after putting Seider in for Hronek and Dostal in for Anderssen.

Reactions: Guttersniped

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Sweden for me.. but if you replace Andersen with Dostal than I say rest of Europe.lol Ironically,I'm wondering it here is a D closer in ability to Josi other than Hronek? Oh shit... Seider!

So I switch to Rest of Europe after putting Seider in for Hronek and Dostal in for Anderssen.
Well, Hronek out scored Seider last year and was instrumental to the Canucks success, and Andersen is still more proven than Dostal

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, Hronek out scored Seider last year and was instrumental to the Canucks success, and Andersen is still more proven than Dostal
I'm obviously a Czech fan and love Hronek but I'd put him a tier below Seider. Seider is a beaut that might get to Josi levels one day.

Reactions: Realgud

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I went with Finland.

It's the only group without a player that makes me pause.

Hedman sucks now. Russia doesn't have a center in the group and that defense is nothing at the national level. Europe isn't even a real team and Stutzle is terrible at defense. Andersen is just a guy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm going Finland. Others have arguments but Heiskanen tilts it for me

I went with Finland.

It's the only group without a player that makes me pause.

Hedman sucks now. Russia doesn't have a center in the group and that defense is nothing at the national level. Europe isn't even a real team and Stutzle is terrible at defense. Andersen is just a guy.

That's a quick statement, he has been quite inconsistent so far but it's not really surprising with really young players. His 21 y/o season was disappointing overall but in his 20 y/o season he was at least average defensively, despite big role. Note that transition has a big defensive impact to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm going Finland. Others have arguments but Heiskanen tilts it for me

That's a quick statement, he has been quite inconsistent so far but it's not something in really young players. His 21 y/o season was disappointing overall but in his 20 y/o season he was at least average defensively, despite big role. Note that transition has a big defensive impact to me.

He's definitely improved and is a great young player.

You have to remember that in a thread like this, it's all relative.

In international competition, you're up against teams that have a top 10 center in the world on the ice at all times.

Reactions: Xspyrit

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net

Voted Finland initially but after reading your comment and those swaps i had to change because i agree.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Finland for me. There’s a lot of awesome talent in the league these days and those lists really shows it

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Some of these countries should do what some nations do in other competitions. Olympics it's Great Britain. Soccer it's Wales v Scotland v England etc...

Ie Germany, Switzerland and Austria should combine for hockey to create a "super" team that can hang with the big boys.

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Some of these countries should do what some nations do in other competitions. Olympics it's Great Britain. Soccer it's Wales v Scotland v England etc...

Ie Germany, Switzerland and Austria should combine for hockey to create a "super" team that can hang with the big boys.

Might be a few geopolitical reasons why that wouldn't fly...

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I've always said Czechs and Germans would form a crazy team. Seider, Stutz and drai and that team is very good!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Who is playing center for Russia?

Interesting, I think they have actually climbed out of a canyon. Their defense now is much better than it was 10+ years ago.

That said, they are still behind the other top nations in that category.
Based on raw talent, Russia has one of the strongest d men prospect group. Now, just gotta hope they develop properly

Reactions: GoldenKnight

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I gave Finland the slightest of edge. Russia's defense alone makes them not even close and no forward to take faceoffs. Sweden's probably 3rd for me and rest of Europe only problem is Andersen been injured alot. If rest of Europe has more stable playing goalie they would of gotten my vote.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad