Best draft year for a single team since 1995?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Blues got two first line wingers in 2010, in the middle of the first round no less. LW- Jaden Schwartz (14). RW - Vladimir Tarasenko (16).

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
If you went back one more year the Devils drafted: Elias, Souray and Steve Sullivan in 1994. Not the best but it's pretty damn good. None were first rounders either which I think is always impressive for any team. They used their 1st pick on Vladamir Sharafijinov, a Russian with size and skill. In his rookie year in 1998-1999 he put up 11g 16a 27p in 53 games. He did it on a deep team with limited minutes. He was a guy I thought would be a solid player for a long tim and reminded me of Valeri Zelepukin, but you never know with these things. I really believe he would have been a solid NHL player, if he wasn't on such a great team that caused him to get lost in the mix. Those late 90's and early 2000 Devils teams were no joke talent wise. Got traded to Vancouver and was never heard from again NHL wise.

maaran

Apr 17, 2017
Canada
Overall I'd say Zetterberg(pick #210) was the best player of the 99 draft. Better point per game than the Sedins(0.90 vs 0.81/0.80) and much better playoff performer.

Also, Sedins meant more to their organization than Zetterberg did to his, considering that the Sedins are the best Vancouver Canucks players ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad