Best "defensive" Defence-man of all time

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Only saw one mention of Craig Ludwig in 9 pages. Not the best, but one of those unsung heroes I've always rooted for.

Morgoth Bauglir

Master Of The Fates Of Arda
Aug 31, 2012
Angband via Utumno
Rod Langway
Bobby Orr
Larry Robinson
Scott Stevens
Ray Borque
ect.

All the above have already been named so.....

Here's a dark horse worth a shout out: Serge Savard

Last edited:

Morgoth Bauglir

Aug 31, 2012
Angband via Utumno
I deleted the worst of the players of today vs players of yesterday stuff when this thread was moved to the history board, but I didn't feel the need to go through and scrub the whole thread. Perhaps I should have...

I'm new here so I don't want to rock the boat, but I've been a poster on a boxing forum for years and I've seen the same posts over and over again that incessantly harp on "nostalgia" whenever someone mentions a retired player being better than an active player. It's very frustrating to deal with and it seems to come from an ingrained ideology or world view that can't be shaken no matter how much logic and evidence you give. The vast majority of those posters seem to have a common denominator that their world view emanates from.

Last edited:

Morgoth Bauglir

Aug 31, 2012
Angband via Utumno
That's not exactly a Dark horse. Most people consider him to be top 3 all time defensively, and if they don't, they should

It struck me. I've been watching a good bit of Habs' games from the mid to late '70s and struck me how good a defender Savard really was. I was fortunate enough to be able to see Langway and Borque in the '80s but la Dynastie was before my watching time so I'm now taking advantage of the internet to see what I missed :)
Nice avi of the REAL Barnabus Collins btw :handclap:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad