Best Defenseman Right Now

Best Defenseman Right Now

• Total voters

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Skating matters, particularly in today’s NHL. Does Girard look pretty while he’s doing it? Sure. But, just because it looks fancy doesn’t mean it’s not useful in the rudimentary areas of the game, like gap control and transition play.

I don’t know, I just think if Cole was that good, he’d be paired with Makar and would be playing a bigger role. The coaching staff has a lot of trust in Girard because he does a lot of the little details of the game consistently well.

Cole always looked good to me, though I only saw about half of the Avs games. Early in the year especially, it seemed he and Makar clicked well.

I also thought of him as a steady #4D in Columbus. Not great with the puck but he wasn't a turnover machine either. Scored well.

Next thing I know Cole is barely playing and Graves takes the plum spot next to Makar. And Graves was red hot, so I get that, but Avs fans were definitely down on Cole. Bad run of games?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Cole always looked good to me, though I only saw about half of the Avs games. Early in the year especially, it seemed he and Makar clicked well.

I also thought of him as a steady #4D in Columbus. Not great with the puck but he wasn't a turnover machine either. Scored well.

Next thing I know Cole is barely playing and Graves takes the plum spot next to Makar. And Graves was red hot, so I get that, but Avs fans were definitely down on Cole. Bad run of games?

No, I wouldn’t say that. Cole had a solid season, he just wasn’t going to play in front of Girard and Graves.

Graves found chemistry with Makar and the Avs never messed with that.

I’m perfectly happy to have Cole under contract next season. He’s a solid veteran that can play both sides of the ice, who chips in a little offence. I worry about his mobility moving forward, but overall I was pleased with Cole this season.

Reactions: majormajor

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Ghost is by far the most talented if he figures it out. If he reaches 75% of what he once was it's better than the rest of the group playing at their top level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad