Best Couch Co-op/Competitive Games?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hey all,

I'm looking for some suggestions for games to play with a group of 3 or 4 people. Being in quarantine with the family we have been playing a lot of board games but are not moving over to some video games.

We have some Kart games, overcooked, and Little Big Planet, and Castle Crashers.

Looking for suggestions of any kind on any of the PS4, Xbox One, or Switch.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The Jackbox games are quite good (most have a "family" setting if you have young kids), Trivia Murder Party is especially great.

Some other good ones:

Ultimate Chicken Horse
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Lovers in A Dangerous Spacetime
Gang Beasts
Speedrunners
Halo MCC
Nidhogg (1 on 1 matches with a tournament mode)
BattleBlock Theater
NHL
Towerfall Ascension
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

If you have a PC there's an endless supply of great couch games you can play in emulators, especially on N64, GameCube, PS1 and PS2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Barron de HF

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I say family, but it does not have to be Family appropriate or suitable. In the context of our family the youngest is 19 years old.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I say family, but it does not have to be Family appropriate or suitable. In the context of our family the youngest is 19 years old.
Obviously fully depends on the family but something my brother and I played for a while Diablo 3 or any of the Borderlands games. Not quite what you were looking for but games to pass the time.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Obviously fully depends on the family but something my brother and I played for a while Diablo 3 or any of the Borderlands games. Not quite what you were looking for but games to pass the time.

Borderlands is a good shout, and I think my Dad would also be into it!

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I’ll echo Diablo 3, my wife and I enjoy couch co-op on the PS4. Torchlight 2 is also a good choice, as is Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Kirby Star Allys, Little Big Planet 3, Tropical Freeze, NSMB,and Mario 3D World:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I’ll echo Diablo 3, my wife and I enjoy couch co-op on the PS4. Torchlight 2 is also a good choice, as is Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Kirby Star Allys, Little Big Planet 3, Tropical Freeze, NSMB,and Mario 3D World:

Little Big Planet is always a good shout. Hmmm I have not thought about Diablo 3. Can 4 people play that on local coop?

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I’ve only played with two local players, but it’s listing four as an option so it should work. I have the PC and PS4 Pro versions but if I were in your shoes I’d probably go with the switch as I’ve heard it doesn’t lose a lot aside from the dynamic resolution and consistently holding 60fps. Mobility feels like a huge gain and the port is supposed to be well done according to reviewers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad