Best Confederation Besides UEFA and CONMEBOL?

Best Confederation Besides UEFA and CONMEBOL?

• AFC (Asia) > CONCACAF (North America) > CAF (Africa)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CONCACAF (North America) > AFC (Asia) > CAF (Africa)

• CONCACAF (North America) > CAF (Africa) > AFC (Asia)

• Total voters

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Asia, Africa and North America are the others. I know OFC also exists but we all know they aren't in contention for this.

Asia's best teams now and/or over the years are Japan, South Korea, Australia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and potentially Russia/New Zealand if they really do end up joining

Africa's best teams now and/or over the years are Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, and Ivory Coast

North America's best teams now and/or over the years are Mexico, USA, Canada, and Costa Rica

In my opinion, as of right now given what we saw at the WC:

1. Africa
2. Asia
3. North America
4. Oceania

I think Africa and Asia punched above their weight at this WC and if you put either one above the other, there'd be good reason for it. I put Africa at the top because of Morocco and Senegal, both of whom I believe are the two best national teams outside of the two powerhouse confederations. Asia might have more depth though as they did have 3 teams reach knockouts (JPN, AUS, SK) and one narrowly missing out (Iran), plus I believe AFC has more potential due to better economics/infrastructure.

North America is clearly third imo especially with Mexico's decline. We can always talk about how if USA/Canada sent their best athletes to play football/soccer rather than American football, basketball, and hockey that they'd be much better but truth is they still lack behind world's best by quite a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad