Best Canadian Goalie Right Now

Who is the best Canadian goalie right now?

• Total voters

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Because they're smart. And unlike a potential random Leaf fan on an internet message board - they also aren't biased.

Unfortunately his stats back up what I see. Great guy off the ice. Average on it. MCDavid is clearly one of the best in the game. Bad D or not.... Price may not even be a top 15 goalie in the league today. It would be tough to convince me otherwise. And I do believe there are enough dumb GMs out there that would give MB a decent offer to trade for Price. That would scare me much more as a Leaf fan than facing him on the ice.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
How good do you think the Devils are?
Slightly worse than the Habs. Thankfully for Blackwood, he gets some nights off to recuperate. Price gets worked like a mule.
Put any goalie in the league on the Habs with Price's workload and it's a pretty sure thing they won't look as good as they do now.
There is a good reason why nowadays starting goalies share games more with their backups than they did before.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If Canada was in a Gold Medal game tonight, I would want Carey Price to start. And I’d want Fleury to back him up.

I could see Price because hes back stopped those teams to a huge undefeated streak.. MAF? Guy has choked wayyy too much for me to take him over someone like Binnington who just won a cup or Kuemper who has been lights out for 2 seasons now. The Penguins picked a different Canadian goalie for their cup runs, MAF wouldnt be in Canadas net

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think Price has regressed, but I also think he's similar to Doughty in that he's just not focused enough these days and still has the talent to be elite. He was actually quite good last season and this year, it seemed like he had a few bad stretches mixed with generally good play. I think the pushback against him is often too harsh just because he's still riding reputation a bit. I don't think he's a bad option by any means. I'm tempted to go with Binnington, but it's not as of he was amazing this year either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad