Best Canadian Goalie Right Now

Who is the best Canadian goalie right now?

• Total voters

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Nearly 600 NHL players were surveyed on more than 20 hockey-related questions and for the second or third year in a row. Carey Price is by far the #1 when it comes to chose the best goalie in the league. (42% this season, Vasilevskyi 2nd with 17%, Fleury 3rd with 8%)
I think it's safe to trust the opinion of the players that actually play against him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nearly 600 NHL players were surveyed on more than 20 hockey-related questions and for the second or third year in a row. Carey Price is by far the #1 when it comes to chose the best goalie in the league. (42% this season, Vasilevskyi 2nd with 17%, Fleury 3rd with 8%)
I think it's safe to trust the opinion of the players that actually play against him.
if the players are such experts at assessing goaltending, then why did they pick Price at #1?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008

I think it’s past rep. How can the best goalie not be top 20 in gaa or save percentage and make the playoffs in 1 out of last 4 or 5? So over rated it’s crazy. If other GMs believe that MB would be crazy not to make a trade get assets and free up cap room the Habs will never use.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I think it’s past rep. How can the best goalie not be top 20 in gaa or save percentage and make the playoffs in 1 out of last 4 or 5? So over rated it’s crazy. If other GMs believe that MB would be crazy not to make a trade get assets and free up cap room the Habs will never use.

Because his d has been beyond awful

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
I think thats just off of past reputation. Players have respect for their peers.

But no, Price is not the best in this case. He was 32nd in both GAA and SV%, the 2 major goalie stats. I dont believe for a second he is the best option on this poll.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'll go with Binner.

I've haven't watched every Habs game but every time the Rangers play them Price is a sure bet to let up one or two absolute stinkers per game.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Carey Price is the Drew Doughty of skaters, he’s nowhere near as good as people think but his name value saves the day.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is the first time in a while I had to think about who the best Canadian Goalie is. Right now, I would go with Binnington.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
So like McDavid? They both only made the playoffs in 2017 since McDavid entered the league and Price was injured for all of 2016

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I’m going with Binnington, but it’s not a great crop, at the moment, for Canada.

I'd pick the guy who posted better stats than Shestyorkin did in his 10 game hot streak this season, during the same dates (only - less spread out, because this Canadian goalie is an actual workhorse who plays almost every game). The fact that he has a hart, olympic gold and lindsay trophy doesn't hurt.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd pick the guy who posted better stats than Shestyorkin did in his 10 game hot streak this season, during the same dates (only - less spread out, because this Canadian goalie is an actual workhorse who plays almost every game). The fact that he has a hart, olympic gold and lindsay trophy doesn't hurt.

And I won’t. Clearly what I said offended you. That’s not my problem. It’s yours.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Darcy right now, but I think the answer is going to be Blackwood in a few seasons. He's been really good for the Devils and is still so young.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad