Best Bruin during the 2011 SCF Zoom Stream

Who was the stream MVP

• Total voters

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Campbell was the most vocal, but Looch was the star, IMO.

His comments had impact.

Reactions: GordonHowe

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I was a doofus and watched the game downstairs without my laptop, so I didn't watch the Zoom stream. If it's not easily available on Youtube, is it anywhere else? From what I've read on Twitter, the Bruins PR machine might be looking to...um...nix the stream for its free advertising of various alcoholic products. I wanna get in on the fun before it vanishes.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I was a doofus and watched the game downstairs without my laptop, so I didn't watch the Zoom stream. If it's not easily available on Youtube, is it anywhere else? From what I've read on Twitter, the Bruins PR machine might be looking to...um...nix the stream for its free advertising of various alcoholic products. I wanna get in on the fun before it vanishes.

It's still listed as live now so you can just rewind to the beginning. Hopefully they leave it up

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thanks, I'm watching it now, and I love it! They're trying to sync up, and the Bruins players are basically like us in a GDT before the game - DROP THE PUCK!!!

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Soupy hands down.

He had 9 years worth of chirps for Marchy.

Loved Looch too but my vote went to Soupy

Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Lucic first, then Tim Thomas.

I expect Campbell to take this, but I actually found him somewhat annoying; his shtick got old, fast. I wanted him to shut up as the third period wound down, as I was curious about the players' thoughts during that momentous time. Yet Campbell kept chirping Marchand about hats?

Lucic was not only funny, he was as genuine as a human being can be. His love for his fellow teammates is palpable. He even seemed sad to have to hang up when it was over.

And the same for Thomas. Lucic's praising toast to him put a tear in my eye, and Thomas' humble response attributing his success to the entire team, put a tear in the other eye.

The entire event gets an A+ from me.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Campbell was the most vocal, but Looch was the star, IMO.

His comments had impact.

Agree. Looch went out of his way to salute Tim, and to be generous with all of his former mates. Thomas said little, and Adam, nothing at all. Bergeron and Z circumspect.

Yet it was clear they all have a bond, and care for each other.

Good bit for players and fans alike.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They made it private! :cry: Oh well, at least I got stopped at a decent stopping point, right after Bergy got his shorthanded goal. I'll try and hunt for it tomorrow night.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I mean I personally don't care but the team and league might not think it's a good look showing all of them drinking and cussing like they're playing nhl20 on xbox. :laugh: And god forbid "bullying eachother!:sarcasm:"

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
After two periods, there wasn't that much that was too bad. I mean, there were shits, damns, and f***s, but who gives a damn shitting f***? I mean, I guess if you had your 9 year-old kid around, you wouldn't want him watching it without a little parental explanation, but I'm pretty sure they mentioned a disclaimer once when they put out the feed, and I think any parent who has kids who watch sports knows to tell their kids, "These guys use language that you're not supposed to use. Or at least language that you're not supposed to use around me and your teachers."

And, yeah, there was quite a bit of wine, and I'm sure the third period was the most entertaining. But everyone's at home, nobody's driving, and they seemed friendly-drunk, not blackout-drunk.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I only made it up to the part where Soupy and Marchand were chirping each other's hair, then it went private.

I'm debating between Campbell and Lucic, but since I didn't get to the end I'll abstain from voting for now. Rask was really sharp too. And Ryder is a hell of a lot funnier than I expected. Also, it made me happy to see Thomas involved and in good spirits. The way he left town and the media smear around it made it sound like he never fit in, but you can really tell on the broadcast that those guys love him and vice versa.

I was most surprised by how Chara said pretty much nothing. And Seguin seems like he isn't a very sociable guy, which I wasn't expecting either (unless it has to do with bad blood from his exit here).

Looch seems like the guy who would organize the reunion, you can tell that group is special to him. Soupy is hilarious though (and he was definitely high at the start of the broadcast).

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Finally finished it - man, great of the guys to give up a couple hours of their time when they could be reliving the game with their families or in a private Zoom to make it public.

The edited version ended right at the game's end, so I think they might have cut off one of Rask's comments about his daughter, but the rest of the third period seemed fairly untouched. Was that comment part of the "aftershow"?

Either way, I'd have to give my vote to Campbell. Great to see Marchand chirped at - he really made the Zoom. Points to Marchy for giving and taking it as well. And Looch seemed to be the honorary master of ceremonies - props to the guys for giving plenty of time-stamps so I could sync up my DVR.

The current Bs (except Marchy), either due to temperament or a well-timed email, were fairly quiet in the chat. Hell, given that they probably spend their summers AWAY from hockey as much as possible, it's probably the first time they've seen it. The retirees like Kelly might have had the chance to cool off and then watch it.

One fun fact I learned - I'm definitely in the Bergy school of drinking. I can nurse a beer for hours - I just can't chug. Something in me just says slow down.

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That was really the perfect team and we will never see another like it. No glaring weaknesses, together like super glue and honestly a once in a lifetime treat for us. I'm too young for the teams of the 70's but this team was just perfect. The testicular fortitude of these guys to go down 0-2 two series, and come back.... three game 7 wins....the ride was just absolutely amazing... I can honestly say I was never nervous, I knew they were going to win...I was very close to my sister in laws father, and I took care of him one day in April, and he said "I hate everything Boston, but I really hope they win it for you"...He passed the morning of May 6th, the night the Bruins put Philly away... He def pulled some strings after that :)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I only made it up to the part where Soupy and Marchand were chirping each other's hair, then it went private.

I'm debating between Campbell and Lucic, but since I didn't get to the end I'll abstain from voting for now. Rask was really sharp too. And Ryder is a hell of a lot funnier than I expected. Also, it made me happy to see Thomas involved and in good spirits. The way he left town and the media smear around it made it sound like he never fit in, but you can really tell on the broadcast that those guys love him and vice versa.

I was most surprised by how Chara said pretty much nothing. And Seguin seems like he isn't a very sociable guy, which I wasn't expecting either (unless it has to do with bad blood from his exit here).

Looch seems like the guy who would organize the reunion, you can tell that group is special to him. Soupy is hilarious though (and he was definitely high at the start of the broadcast).

It was disappointing Nathan wasn't there, though perhaps there are reasons for that.

Otherwise, what do you expect of hockey players? They swear. They drink. They give each other s***. Surprise! An entertaining distraction in tough times.

Clearly, love and respect.

Which is what matters most.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Lucic probably was #1 but seeing Thomas participating made him my choice. Easily could have declined or said nothing.

He seems to have emerged from his shell over the past few months - something happened around the time he made the US Hockey Hall of Fame. He finally felt well enough to reconnect with the team, which is great - and I'm glad that, even with all that's going on in the world, he was mentally well enough to participate in the Zoom call. It's sad that mental health issues (even when they have organic origins, like head trauma) are often so isolating, which creates a feedback loop that amplifies the original mental health problem, which in turn amplifies the isolation - but I'm glad he was able to break that cycle, even if it was after quite a few years.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad