OT: Best Bars or Restaurants for all NHL Games in Winnipeg

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Hi all, I'm back living in the Peg and am having a heck of a time finding a place to watch as many NHL games as possible. List your favorite place - I'm in Fort Garry but pretty sure I'll have to travel to down town if there's nothing out here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Any of the Boston Pizza's are actually pretty good in their lounges. Kenaston or Pembina Hwy would be closest to you.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Any of the Boston Pizza's are actually pretty good in their lounges. Kenaston or Pembina Hwy would be closest to you.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it - I made a rez @ BP Kenaston in the lounge to catch the Leafs at 6 as well.

I just read something from December that said 4play is changing to a supper club in the spring :o Their web site is down so I'm not sure.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
It's a bit out of your way, but I always really liked Deejays/ichabod's for a sports bar. It's down on Portage Ave. I also imagine that the pony corral's have all the games as well. They're ok.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Tavern on Pembina shouldn't be too far from you.

Also I believe there's a sale on NHL center ice if you wanted to watch "all" NHL games.

JAPPLER

Oct 3, 2011
Tapps @ the Dakota Hotel in St. Vital is an awesome place to watch a game. Tons of TVs, waitresses are lookers and the wings are great (huge sauce selection).

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
- Tapps @ 1105 St Marys Rd is good (corner of Dakota). Has a lot of TV's, decent food, and decent variety of beer on tap.

Edit: JAPPLER beat me to it.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Thanks for the replies so far.. I've had my eye on the Tavern (Canada Inn) this summer but we always ended up at the Pembina Pony on the patio for awesomeness. Lots of fun, food not so great, but river outdoor patio, servers and party atmosphere on weekends is great.

If the Tavern has lots of good screens and center ice I'm definitely going to check it out.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I wanted to add I haven't got access to wheels very often so I will check out the further away bars when I do - thanks for those too - probably come playoff time.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The Cheer on Stradbrook is cheap and they gave a huge screen. Don't know if they have CI though. I have no interest in teams from other markets aside from booing them.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The Cheer on Stradbrook is cheap and they gave a huge screen. Don't know if they have CI though. I have no interest in teams from other markets aside from booing them.

The Cheer is an anomaly. It's a sports bar only until the dancing crowd shows up. I watched a playoff game there last year, the only sound for the first 2 periods was the game commentary and there was a dozen people in the bar then for the third period it was a packed club and all you could hear was dance music.

jetkarma*

Or the one on Taylor , like going there for some games.

jetkarma*

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it - I made a rez @ BP Kenaston in the lounge to catch the Leafs at 6 as well.

I just read something from December that said 4play is changing to a supper club in the spring :o Their web site is down so I'm not sure.

4play is changing, On Pembina there is Tavern United which is pretty good and Tony Roma's as well.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

I think you may be referring to the redesigned met across from the arena? It was renovated and recently opened as a supper club. Has anyone checked it out yet? They play the jets games on the theatre screen they have.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I think you may be referring to the redesigned met across from the arena? It was renovated and recently opened as a supper club. Has anyone checked it out yet? They play the jets games on the theatre screen they have.
I went for the Afternoon game there. Food was good, but felt quite a bit formal. Though with Game Days, I would guess the formality would be less.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm really beginning to like Garbonzo's Pizza Pub at the U of W Annex. Good food, good specials, and it still seems to be a bit of a hidden gem.

Aerial

Oct 14, 2011

No, the Met renovated into an events center. 4Play is being turned into a "supper club" concept by the same ownership.

Anyway, other suggestions for the OP: Confusion Corner Bar & Grill is usually a good time.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The Cheer is an anomaly. It's a sports bar only until the dancing crowd shows up. I watched a playoff game there last year, the only sound for the first 2 periods was the game commentary and there was a dozen people in the bar then for the third period it was a packed club and all you could hear was dance music.
Really douchey people show up too. That type of thing depends on the night of the week. The Illegal Curve bots hosted riad games nights there last year and did really really easy trivia for gift cards. It is also a short walk from where I live, so I go there.

Another great spot is Luxalune on Osborne South near Jubilee. Very good food and undoubtedly the best beer selection in town. I ♥ beer.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
The Fox and Fiddle on Main is fantastic. Certainly my favourite joint.

Libertyhaze

Jan 10, 2013
Vancouver
I can't believe no one mentioned the pemby. I haven't been there in forever, but its definitely one of the best place to catch a game in fort garry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad