Best Bang for the Buck Ice Hockey Pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetTheDutch

Aug 2, 2005
Hello All,

When I started playing ice hockey last fall, I bought pretty cheap equipment, just so I didn't have to sink a lot of money into something I may have given up on. Silly me.

Fast forward about 12 months.... My pair of pants (CCM Powerline, I think 152s?) don't really need replaced, but I've been getting nasty hip pointers the last few months when I get knocked down in front of the net. These pants have zero to little padding in the hip region.

Can anyone suggest a pair of pants that provide some better cushioning in the hip area?

Thanks for any suggestions!

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I've had a much better experience with the Bauer Supreme 2000 pants I'm borrowing from a friend than the Mission M-2 pants I originally bought. The Bauer pants are still pretty cheap to buy.

santiclaws

May 19, 2005
Take a look at hockeymonkey.com and hockeygiant.com web sites. They will often have very good, high-end equipment from a season or two ago at rock-bottom prices, plus with pants, fit is as big of an issue as with some other equipment.

GetTheDutch

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks. Yep, I have already checked those sites out. I usually order jerseys and those ever-increasingly-rare Daze stick blades from those sites. :)

Anyone have an opinion on Mission M1 (2004 model) pants? Trying to figure out if there's a reason they're marked down about 75%.

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
I was getting a lot of hip bruises with my old pants and got Bauer 5000 with the gel to protect the lower back region. They aren't cheap but well worth their price if you are playing in a checking league. Pants are about the only piece of hockey equipment that you'll have a hard time finding good deals on. The only exception to this is the Mission brand. A pair of missions' on closeout might just be the best bang for your buck. You should try them in a store to see if they are confortable. Good luck.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I am currently in the Quest 2's and have loved them. I was wearing some Tack 652s and Vics which were both great. I've heard the RBK protective line is very good, especially their pants. I've heard mix reviews for the M-1 pants, but none of the "flaws" were in protection, they tended to be in durability/craftmanship.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I would go to a hockey store and try on some pants. Certain models will fit in a way that protects you better. As with all hockey equipment, the most protective equipment will be the best fitted.

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
If you are willing to spend $160.00 cdn. the Bauer 8000 kick major ***. They were the lightest pair that I could find, but were also the most padded and comfortable.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
My problem is that I have long thin legs. So I'm either getting pants that are too short or pants that are too big just so they go below my knee cap.

Does anyone know of a good brand for this?

slumpy43

Mar 30, 2005
USA
Hank, I beleive that the Jofa's might fit you better. They are a little bit tougher to find though.

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
slumpy43 said:
Hank, I beleive that the Jofa's might fit you better. They are a little bit tougher to find though.

Jofa's eh? I'll check them out. Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad