Best Available Manager on the Market

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Dubas and chayka have done sweet j. Diddly.
Dubas has accomplished more than any GM ever has without his team playing a game yet as GM. Within 1 month he won the Calder Cup and signed the biggest UFA in 12 years at a big discount. Amazing start.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I'd be shocked if this wasn't the case, though he could decide he doesn't like what's out there and head back to London.
Doubt that's true. Hunter made a lot of $ as Leafs assistant Gm. He won't accept some scouting role. Carolina was offering their GM less $ than Hunter got with the Leafs.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Dubas and chayka have done sweet j. Diddly.
That's true, but neither have plenty of others. And guys like Dubas have accomplished more in a few years than some GM's have in 5+. What a guy like Dubas has done is restocked the system, put together a winner in the AHL and signed Tavares.I'm not completely sold on Dubas but I'm not really sold on any GM outside of Poile. Point being, don't be afraid of bringing in new blood. They don't even have to be young, obviously. Mark Hunter would seem like a good option for any team willing to look outside of the old boys club.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
with the success of Dubas and Chayka the canucks would be wise to hire a young guy who leans on advanced stats

Cody Hodgson. Same age as Chayka, and 3 years younger than Dubas but Dubas was managing the leafs 3 years ago

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Cygnusx1018
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
with the success of Dubas and Chayka the canucks would be wise to hire a young guy who leans on advanced stats

Cody Hodgson. Same age as Chayka, and 3 years younger than Dubas but Dubas was managing the leafs 3 years ago

#CodyHodgson4President

What success has Chayka had?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
As President though? I could see him taking on the job of GM for a team, but not be hired as President. I know he’s had that role for the London Knights but it’s a different ball game being the President of an NHL franchise.

Depends on how the owner feels I guess. The trend now is hiring from a unproven pool at the NHL level...Arizona and Toronto with rookie GM's, Colorado rookie coach, etc.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Brian Burke :naughty:

I know this is a joke, but I just want to point out that Burke came on radio and said he's done.

For family reasons, he's going to stick with the media gig for now, and he's not getting back into the NHL side of things.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I know this is a joke, but I just want to point out that Burke came on radio and said he's done.

For family reasons, he's going to stick with the media gig for now, and he's not getting back into the NHL side of things.

"Dad! Stop fighting people in barns!"
"Clint Eastwood was still punching people at 65, leave me alone!"

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Tim Murray csn handle walking up to the podium at the draft really well. He’s also good at podcasts, press conferences and as an inspiration of creepy memes.
Just keep him away from actually doing stuff and you would be really happy with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad