Best and Worst of the 2009 Draft

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Who would you consider the Steal of the 1st round?

Sadly im going to have to say Jordan Schroeder was a massive steal by Vancouver, thought Edmonton's pick was also a steal.

What are your opinions?

Anasazi

Nov 9, 2008
New England
Schroeder no doubt. MPS for the Oil, and Cowen for the sens, they will be considered steals of this draft in the long run.

CrosbyCrosby*

Definitely Schroeder. Small players have proven they can play in the new NHL.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
on the face of it: Schroeder, Moore. Cowen/MPS/Kulikov all went a bit lower than expected, but hardly steals.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Vancouver picking Schroeder. MSP/Cowen/Moore were lower than expected, but not by much. I thought Schroeder would be between 10-15.

knivez

Jul 28, 2008
A few Canadian teams got away with steals:

Ottawa with Cowen at 9
Edmonton with MPS at 10
Vancouver with Shroeder at 22

AND, imo, Calgary got a steal in Erixon, even though he went around where he was ranked.

Of the others, Columbus taking Moore at 21 is a big steal, as is Florida with Kulikov at 14.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
You'd have to talk to teams' scouts and management to find that out.

If Vancouver had Schroeder as the 17th best player in the draft, he's not really a steal at 22.

Phaneufed

We The North
Dec 24, 2006
Calgary
I don't really see how anyone can be a steal yet considering none of the players have developed or even played in the NHL yet.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Not really a steal when everybody passed on him. Now that is said, we can all go back to circle jerking Vancouver fans.

You'd have to talk to teams' scouts and management to find that out.

If Vancouver had Schroeder as the 17th best player in the draft, he's not really a steal at 22.

Moore
MPS
Kulikov

Schroeder isn't that much of a steal.

I think people are considering players a "steal" if they go lower than their consensus rank.

Most Canuck haters will detest this thread.:) Schroeder has already gone from good prospect to garbage because of the team that drafted him. I love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad