best american prospect J.J

Status
Not open for further replies.

neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
my vote for best american prospect goes to soon to be minny gopher ncaa div 1 jack johnson of the ntdp in ann arbor michigan he played a season 2002- 2003 with sidney crosby at shattuck st mary's in minny.
team usa wjc dropped the ball when he was dissed by not making the team he would have definetly helped landing in a team like nyr , mtl, would be nice only if he could see plenty of ice time playing with komy would really help
but so would playing with dallas young d-men

this kid is talented imagine him playing on dallas or reuniting with crosby
that would be nice but nj devils would be a special fit also

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Reveille! said:
Why would the Devils be a special fit?

If anyone would be, it'd be the Rangers since he is a young Leetch in many minds.

Let's face it: Jack Johnson would be a special fit wherever he plays.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rabid Ranger said:
Let's face it: Jack Johnson would be a special fit wherever he plays.

Yeah, but it actually would be a "special" thing to see him on the blue-line for NYR. Read the Rangers board and see how many people feel the same way. I mean, he resembles a young Leetch in almost every way (just a bit more aggressive with the hitting). :)

I can't wait till he's in the NHL.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Reveille! said:
Yeah, but it actually would be a "special" thing to see him on the blue-line for NYR. Read the Rangers board and see how many people feel the same way. I mean, he resembles a young Leetch in almost every way (just a bit more aggressive with the hitting). :)

Oh for sure. It's my dream for him to patrol the blueline for the Rangers. Imagine if Johnson is drafted by the Rangers and Leetch happens to return to New York to still be around when he comes up. :bow:

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
ESPECIALLY New York. For good measure Kessel needs end up at MSG as well.

And don't forget Crosby.

What is that "every potential superstar must go to NY" bandwagon anyway? That's bullsh1t if you ask me.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Reveille! said:

So, does that mean Crosby should go to Edmonton because some people say he has some of the same qualities as Gretzky?

The Ranger's staff is very different than it was when Leetch was young, so I'm not sure if it really is the ideal place for Johnson to develop. Leetch also might not advise it judging by the way he was treated by Slats and co. (A telephone call is hardly the best way to tell on of your franchise's greatest players that they've been traded.)

X0ssbar

J.J. is gonna look pretty darn good in a CBJ sweater if you ask me :handclap:

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
MeffyuhTJRest said:
(A telephone call is hardly the best way to tell on of your franchise's greatest players that they've been traded.)

Thats because you're butt buddies with Sather and know exactly how he handled the situation.

Face it, JJ is gonna be a special fit in the "NHL". Potty wars over who he will be a good fit for are ridiculous. He'll be a good fit for the team that drafted him. Nobody deserves a prospect more than another, of course records are the way to determine.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Rahan said:
And don't forget Crosby.

What is that "every potential superstar must go to NY" bandwagon anyway? That's bullsh1t if you ask me.

Every? How about any? Who was the next potential superstar in NY? Brian Leetch? Give me a break...

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Barnaby said:
Every? How about any? Who was the next potential superstar in NY? Brian Leetch? Give me a break...

I think he's talking about Crosby. Lol, b/c frankly no other prospect was championed to go to the Rangers before. It all stems from other people, even outside persons not even Ranger fans, saying Crosby should be in the mecca of the entire media world/best city in the world/yadda yadda. NYC is just too damn good...

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
MeffyuhTJRest said:
So, does that mean Crosby should go to Edmonton because some people say he has some of the same qualities as Gretzky?

No, it would have to be the Rangers again because Glen Sather knows how to handle Superstars with Gretzky's game and personality .... :yo: :biglaugh: :dunno:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rabid Ranger said:
ESPECIALLY New York. For good measure Kessel needs end up at MSG as well.

I would hope so. Two young American stars on a team in New York City with a fan base that wide spread would spring the NHL back on it's feet.

And if Crosby ends up there, forget about it. There will be a ton of media buzz around the City and people will finally be talking about hockey again instead of the ****ing Knicks. :bow:

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Reveille! said:
I would hope so. Two young American stars on a team in New York City with a fan base that wide spread would spring the NHL back on it's feet.

And if Crosby ends up there, forget about it. There will be a ton of media buzz around the City and people will finally be talking about hockey again instead of the ****ing Knicks. :bow:

Having Johnson and Kessel together on the same team along with Montoya in net would be awesome for the American Hockey Program also.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I wonder if Johnson, Kessels, Crosby and Frolik all landed with the New York Strangers, would that really help hockey in the states? I don't know.

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
Balej's Dance said:
Dont forget about Jessiman, Roche, Ryan, Reese, Holt, Helminen etc.

umm, you had better not be talking about jason reese from the vancouver giants. i dont see how he could be a top usa prospect. he has a teammate of his that i would say is a better usa prospect than him.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
dubfan said:
umm, you had better not be talking about jason reese from the vancouver giants. i dont see how he could be a top usa prospect. he has a teammate of his that i would say is a better usa prospect than him.

I think he's refering to Dylan... anyways, the only one of those guys that could belong among top US prospects is Jessiman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad